Tres Palmas Inn

NanaBell

Hello everyone, we are thinking about staying at Tres Palmas Inn in October and I am looking to see if anyone has stayed there or knows of it? They get really good reviews for a great price. It looks quaint and CLEAN. Also right across the street from the ocean.

Love to hear from others Please!?

We are staying there Feb 16-21st. I will post a review while we are there. It does look very nice, a little off the beaten path but that is fine.

Yes Please do! Which room did you guys go with? Did you have to pay in advance? Did you book through the hotel? Sorry Lots of questions but I am planning for 4 other couples as well and want them to like it too. TIA

We booked rooms 12 and 16. one has a kitchen so we thought that would be nice for lunches, leftovers etc. We did book through the hotel, didn't really see any better deals on any of the hotel booking sites. We had to pay the first night as a deposit. We will rent a car a few days in to the trip but the first few days we are planning on just taking the bus into OSJ, it is only like .75 or so. After we explore there (have been there before but part of our group hasn't) then we will get the rental and tour around the island!

• 5 weeks later...

Ok..hotel is very cute but do not expect a 5 star..safe area and a few restaurants within walking distance. The beach across the street is not very deep and you really can't hang out there..however.. a short 5 min walk and there is a nice wide deep beach you can hang out for the day. The water is pretty rough right now will knock you around. You can't really swim in it at this point..my own opinion. You can get an iron at the front desk..can't really go wrong with any room but I like 15 as there is a nice grassy area, chairs, and a hammock. The ocean view room on the roof top would be the one I booked if I stayed here again. You can get an iron at the front desk..breakfast is pretty decent..no hot items..

We stayed there for two nights pre-cruise. DH & I loved it. We had room 10. Our group was there and most were very happy with it, but it is not for everyone, especially for those who prefer a luxury resort type experence. I have a lot of pictures and a full review of Tres Palamas and our pre-cruise stay in San Juan included in the beginning of my cruise review, The Arizona Cruisers Invade the Southern Caribbean, posts 2 -18. Feel free to ask questions.