Embera indian village shore excursion

Arwen

Hello All!

Hubby and I are about to take our 19th cruise soon on the Celebrity Equinox.

Hubby has MS and can walk short distances of say a half a block at a time. He uses a walking stick.

His balance is poor and he can compensate, but has to be careful, of course.

We signed up for the Embera Indian Village Excursion. From the helpful folks on the Celebrity board, I was told the most difficult part is getting in and out of the dugout canoe.

One lady said, that my hubby would need a person on either side to help him in and out of the canoe. That the rest of the excursion is fairly easy.

Have any of you folks done this tour before? The other concern are bathroom facilities. We always have to scope out and plan for the bathroom breaks. On some of our shore excursions, the guides are fantastic about that and others...well, they just 'don't get it' :p

Any helpful info welcome. And I will also check with the shore excursion desk once we get on the ship to get more info.

At this point, I feel like maybe cancelling, but hope to have more feedback before doing so.

Thank you all!

Have never been to Panama but found this on-line video that might help you in your decision

Read on another tour site that the Village has no running water or electricity . Therefore it's reasonable to assume there are no conventional restroom facilities. At best it's probably an out house.

FYI I have MS and would not do this excursion but you have to decide for yourself .

Have never been to Panama but found this on-line video that might help you in your decision

Read on another tour site that the Village has no running water or electricity . Therefore it's reasonable to assume there are no conventional restroom facilities. At best it's probably an out house.

FYI I have MS and would not do this excursion but you have to decide for yourself .

Hi!

Thank you for the Youtube link. I will check it out. I have mixed feelings for hubby. Thinking we may have to forgo this one. I think the restroom issue is pretty important. We are used to rough facilities, just concerned about how available and how many frequent opportunities in the 6 1/2 hrs.

Again, thanks!