Beach Wedding Options

rebfan831

My daughter is getting married during a cruise in March 2016. She has three options for the ceremony: Cozumel on a beach or Grand Cayman Island either on a beach (something Cove) or at the Grand Old Hotel. Is anyone familiar with any of these places? We'd like to see the sites before she makes a decision. Any info is good info :)

I think in Grand Caymen you mean Grand Old House on the Rocks which has a great venue for weddings on a wood platform. It's a historic plantation house. Advantage? Not having to drag your dress through sand, guests don't get sand in their shoes and can dress up or down as they please, lack of sand fleas, same great scenery, change to gown onsite instead of on the ship - so the gown can be kept secret until the ceremony. They also have a scenic beach site for weddings, but the platform is really a much better choice, IMO.

http://grandoldhouse.com/weddings/

Cozumel is huge and the wedding would likely be at either a beach club or a hotel. There are so many options but you can check some out here:

http://www.cozumelweddingplanner.com/locations.html

http://www.cozumelweddings.net/packages.html

I think your daughter also needs to check with your county registrar in regards to whether or not a Mexican or Grand Caymen wedding is recognized legally in your state. In my state it is not for Mexico and couples have to get married here at the courthouse first and then have their fancy ceremony in Mexico. I'm not aware of the situation with Grand Caymen as I have not had any brides request my services on that island. (I'm a chef/event planner.)

Also, depending on the time of year (aka weather), Grand Caymen is a port that is often missed. Because it's a tender port if the seas are rough there is a chance of an itinerary change (possibly at the last minute). Grand Caymen is beautiful, and I considered the Grand Olde House for our wedding, but I just couldn't take the chance on something as unpredictable as the weather possibly canceling my wedding plans. So keep that in mind.

Also, regarding Mexico, you need a translator and blood tests for a wedding there. So, if they chose to have their wedding there make sure you are not booking an official wedding (since the paperwork will be done prior) and just a "formalities ceremony" (if you will, I'm kind of having a brain cramp at the moment as to what term I want to use there).

Good luck and I hope this was helpful!

I am new to this forum and am looking for details for my duaghter's wedding cruise. She wants the Bahamas since she first visited in 2000.

my husband and I have stayed at the Princeville hotel and LOVED IT!! Her fiance's parents live in Hawaii so this could be doable but I will need to convince her.

Do you have any details about weddings there?

I am new to this forum and am looking for details for my duaghter's wedding cruise. She wants the Bahamas since she first visited in 2000.

my husband and I have stayed at the Princeville hotel and LOVED IT!! Her fiance's parents live in Hawaii so this could be doable but I will need to convince her.

Do you have any details about weddings there?

Step 1: have her watch the George Clooney movie - "The Descendants." Much of it was shot up near Princeville.

I don't know much about weddings there. If I remember correctly, The Princeville Hotel has changed hands a couple of times over the past decade. But, the vistas up north with waterfalls, rainbows, SI swimsuit edition beaches, et al. and the "we're not the rest of Hawaii" culture would certainly make for a more memorable event than the Bahamas or anywhere else in the Caribbean. Airfares there from anywhere in the US can be reasonable. One just needs to shop around.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My daughter is getting married during a cruise in March 2016. She has three options for the ceremony: Cozumel on a beach or Grand Cayman Island either on a beach (something Cove) or at the Grand Old Hotel. Is anyone familiar with any of these places? We'd like to see the sites before she makes a decision. Any info is good info :)

We are getting married Feb 14th in Grand Cayman at Smith's cove. We have been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel we prefer GC---We have not been to Smiths Cove I can tell you more when we return