Guarantee ? Regal

the plumbers wife

We are taking our first trip without the kids! Spending a few days in Fort Lauderdale and then we are doing a three cruise on the Regal!! We are doing it up and I want to make the right choice. Should I book a guarantee S4, the S5s are booked. S2 and the S4 have about 9 cabins each or so? The cruise is this April? I have never booked a guarantee because we always had the kids and needed to be close!! Any recommendations on hotels in Fort Lauderdale, should we rent a car? Thank you all so much!:D

Whether or not you need a car depends upon how long you are staying, what you want to see/do, and where you are staying. If you stay at Riverside Hotel, Gallery One, most beach area hotels, or anything on SE 17th St for 1-2 nights, you don't really need a car, as there is stuff around there for food and shopping.

One of our favorite things to do is take the water taxi. The Hilton Marina is right beside one of the stops. We stayed there after our Christmas cruise a year ago. The water taxi was great at night--seeing the holiday lights that people still had up.

I just got off the regal yesterday and it was a great time, you will love it. I had a guarantee and wish I had picked instead. I can't really say why, but I just booked 3/7 on the Crown and did not go for the guarantee. One of the things about the guarantee is that you may not know until you get there, or as was in our case they night before you leave you find out that they assigned you an upgrade that didn't feel much like an upgrade. It felt like they the ship fill up and just gave us what they had left. I had asked for higher and toward the back and ended up lower and just above the princess theatre. I wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I asked for.

I just got off the regal yesterday and it was a great time, you will love it. I had a guarantee and wish I had picked instead. I can't really say why, but I just booked 3/7 on the Crown and did not go for the guarantee. One of the things about the guarantee is that you may not know until you get there, or as was in our case they night before you leave you find out that they assigned you an upgrade that didn't feel much like an upgrade. It felt like they the ship fill up and just gave us what they had left. I had asked for higher and toward the back and ended up lower and just above the princess theatre. I wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I asked for.

when you book a guarantee you really cant pick and choose your cabin, you get whats available