Carnival ruined our Cruise by not caring about safety!

lovewine

While throwing deck chairs overboard is very dangerous, your response to this issue is beyond reasonable.

1) Carnival is responsible for the safety and well being of the offending passenger. You do not know this person's circumstances. While it is entirely possible they were drunk and angry, maybe they had a disability or disorder that was not under control. This person also may not have had a passport, making re-entry to the US a nightmare if they were dropped at the first port. Regardless, they likely didn't want to make a bad situation worse. Image the safety problems they would have if they dropped off a passenger at the first port, and the passenger was unable to return to the US or was injured or killed while trying to get back? That person's safety still matters, even if they did something very stupid. Security assured you this person was being observed and they had a handle on it. Why was throwing them off the ship the only option in your mind?

2) Any passenger could injure you at any time. Another person could have thrown a deck chair, punched you, kicked you, etc. This could happen any time we are on a ship or on land. Don't want that risk? Don't leave your house. Your paranoia is your own problem, not Carnival's.

Carnival handled the issue, and you should have been able to return to enjoying your cruise. (You did not mention any other deck chairs arriving in your balcony) Instead you vindictively insisted that you should be in charge of the other passenger's punishment, haunted customer service and security and made your own trip much worse. Carnival responded very reasonably, you did not.

As for the other issues, while they seem exaggerated, do your research. A little knowledge before hand may have helped you improve your cruise (like bringing earplugs and knowing the room service menu is limited) or allowed you to decide that this wasn't the cruise for you (It is no secret that Carnival shows are frequently not very popular).

Completely agree with this. While yes, you want to be safe, you reported it, then you let it go unless it happened again. YOu have a big fat zero right to know who it was, Carnival is not allowed to give you that information, they probably just told you whatever to make you happy and go away, rather than sound somewhat rude and tell you it was none of your business ... which it wasn't. As long as it didn't happen again, it wasn't your business...

Also, re Comedy show - you said they should have the customer is always right mentality, but that's not true. They weren't rude and you should have picked your cabin better - I'd never pick a cabin with a major club or meeting venue above me...

Aruba - what proof do you have that Carnival knew they'd close this early? That's just silly. They have no idea if contact last minute by port authorities and have no control over a port closing. Call Aruba... lol

Wow, you were offended by a Jesus song? You've got deep set issues. You'd probably be cheering on the songs dropping sexual hints and the F word, but offended by anything else anyone else likes.

This must be your first CCL cruise, since the room service menu for breakfast is continental and the regular room service lunch menu has always been the same...

Edited by kristie64063

I wouldn't be thrilled at hearing a Christian song, either, as I went to a bar not a church. However, I would exercise my right to vote with my feet. If the piano player doesn't play what the crowd likes, the crowd leaves. No people= no tips and no one buying drinks.

ETA: pizza and ice cream for breakfast?!? Yes, please! It's like I'm seeing the world for the first time!

Edited by JillySue

I wouldn't be thrilled at hearing a Christian song, either, as I went to a bar not a church. However, I would exercise my right to vote with my feet. If the piano player doesn't play what the crowd likes, the crowd leaves. No people= no tips and no one buying drinks.

ETA: pizza and ice cream for breakfast?!? Yes, please! It's like I'm seeing the world for the first time!

If I throw the green in the bucket with a song request, I believe he'll play what I ask him.

Who wouldn't join in with one of those Bass/Rankin tunes?

I got the Heidi reference :)

I would enjoy hearing a gospel song in the piano bar or anywhere I happened to be listening to music. While not everyone there is a Christian, possibly some are and would like to hear the song. The idea that it's "inappropriate" is a little silly to me.

If I was offended by something in the comedy show, pretty sure all the helpful people here would encourage me to seek other entertainment. I think that advice applies in all sorts of situations.

I was on the same sailing and had a fantastic time! So many choices for breakfast, but the Blue Iguana breakfast burritos are the best. I had one almost every day!

While we were disappointed to have our visit cut short in Aruba there were plenty of fun New Year's festivities on the ship. Midnight on the Lido deck with what seemed like most of the passengers and crew is an experience I will never forget.

I also found the crew to be very pleasant and helpful. I never had a problem communicating with the crew.

Wow...are you people for real???

Right in the contract it states that you can be put off the ship for bad behavior. Who cares if they don't have passports? Not Carnival's fault!

Food & entertainment etc are subjective.........

But the OP has no way of knowing what happened. Perhaps they were put off the ship. Either way, I'd defer that judgement to the company that's been doing this for decades rather than my own opinion of what should happen.

I was on the same sailing and had a fantastic time! So many choices for breakfast, but the Blue Iguana breakfast burritos are the best. I had one almost every day!

While we were disappointed to have our visit cut short in Aruba there were plenty of fun New Year's festivities on the ship. Midnight on the Lido deck with what seemed like most of the passengers and crew is an experience I will never forget.

I also found the crew to be very pleasant and helpful. I never had a problem communicating with the crew.

I wonder exactly what festivities the OP thinks he missed? Even if the stop there was not cut short, the return to the ship would have been at least one hour before the new year came in.

You stated that:

A passenger purposefully threw TWO lounge chairs off over the back of deck 10 that crashed on our balcony on deck 6 (gouge marks were quite visible, along with the lounge chairs on the back railing near the water line).

Did you take a photo of this incident??

If 2 lounge chairs came crashing down on my balcony, causing damage to my balcony, I certainly would have taken photo's of it.

:eek: