Spa secrets??

swalton85

So I've never gone to the spa before, but would really like to get a massage on our next cruise. The massages you can book online are kind of pricey. Are there cheaper options offered once onboard? I seem to remember getting spa flyers in our cabin before, but don't recall what they were for. Like any special deals on port days to try and draw people in since the ship isn't as occupied? Thanks!!:)

Usually on port days there are specials, and towards the end of the cruise. I've gotten 30% off the last day, even if a sea day. It all depends how busy the spa has been during the cruise.

Even if not advertised it doesn't hurt to ask about specials. I've gotten good deals simply by asking if they were offering any specials that day. Sometimes they do offer a special on the day you embark.

1. Watch out for upscales. They get commission on selling you products, and some spas they tend to be really pushy with the products. Tell them politely NO.

2. Like others said, there is ALWAYS going to be a sale. Might be while in port, or the first day.

3. Book early - especially if you want services the second to last day, as the times will fill up.

4. Teeth whitening is way over priced, and comes with upsets. We did it on one ship where we negotiated a buy one, get one free, along with free product. was still expensive. Had intentions of doing it when I got home anyway, but the only way this would be worth it was at this rate. Some say not to do it on board because your teeth will be sensitive and may kill your pallet for the remainder of the cruise.

5. on most islands, there are messages available on the beach for $1 per minute, especially at beach resorts. Cozumel, Costa Maya always have them. Well worth the savings.

6. Spa packages (ie. Spa room w/ pass) is worth it on some ships (Dream!), but not others (Sunshine). The passes sell out quickly, except on the Sunshine, where it appears they are having problems upsetting the Spa Balconies on many sailings and these appear to be the fairy calls for upgrades. Our sailing is in a few weeks, and more than 1/3 of them are still available, while it is showing only a few balconies on the rest of the ship.