Input re: Qatar Airline needed

tnr

I have an opportunity to book a flight with Qatar from Phoenix to Capetown through Doha. It is a good price for Business class and we can get American miles for the flight. Some reviews are very negative about their customer service, both on the aircraft and if there are problems such as lost luggage, late flights, etc. Any comments from anyone who can give me some insight would be greatly appreciated.

I have an opportunity to book a flight with Qatar from Phoenix to Capetown through Doha. It is a good price for Business class and we can get American miles for the flight. Some reviews are very negative about their customer service, both on the aircraft and if there are problems such as lost luggage, late flights, etc. Any comments from anyone who can give me some insight would be greatly appreciated.

GO FOR IT IMMEDIATELY. Qatar is one of the best airlines in the world, IMHO. They rate themselves as the world's only 5* airline. I have flown Qatar a lot, as recently as this Xmas season. I spent almost 8 years in and out of the Middle East for work so had the opportunity to try them all long haul except Emirates. The Middle Eastern airlines are always "one upping" each other in service, amenities, planes and lounges.

I have never received anything but the best of service. Never had my luggage lost. One very late flight out of Doha (actually an entire day late) but it was a black flag desert dust storm that grounded everything. The lounges-not many as good in the entire world. The airport is a work of art (as are most of the Middle Eastern airports) I love the little beds/chaises you can actually sleep on between flights in the lounge. The showers are very, very nice and it feels so good to take a shower between flights. I love the on demand meal service. I don't have to eat right after I take off, as you do on so many airlines. I can work or sleep, wake up, eat on my schedule and go back to sleep. They have great champagne (although I wish they had Piper Heidsieck, my favorite).

I don't think you can go wrong. Book it before the price goes up. I would take it you are on the AA to Miami to Doha to Capetown flight that is on sale now. Enjoy!!!

GO FOR IT IMMEDIATELY. Qatar is one of the best airlines in the world, IMHO. They rate themselves as the world's only 5* airline. I have flown Qatar a lot, as recently as this Xmas season. I spent almost 8 years in and out of the Middle East for work so had the opportunity to try them all long haul except Emirates. The Middle Eastern airlines are always "one upping" each other in service, amenities, planes and lounges.

I have never received anything but the best of service. Never had my luggage lost. One very late flight out of Doha (actually an entire day late) but it was a black flag desert dust storm that grounded everything. The lounges-not many as good in the entire world. The airport is a work of art (as are most of the Middle Eastern airports) I love the little beds/chaises you can actually sleep on between flights in the lounge. The showers are very, very nice and it feels so good to take a shower between flights. I love the on demand meal service. I don't have to eat right after I take off, as you do on so many airlines. I can work or sleep, wake up, eat on my schedule and go back to sleep. They have great champagne (although I wish they had Piper Heidsieck, my favorite).

I don't think you can go wrong. Book it before the price goes up. I would take it you are on the AA to Miami to Doha to Capetown flight that is on sale now. Enjoy!!!

Agree. My bet would be on PHX-xPHL-DOH on US metal to PHL, but whatever, jump on it.