Couples or Sandals in Ocho Rios help

avp1234

Hi. We will be in Ocho Rios in March and would like to do a day pass to one of these resorts. If we like it we may come back and do a land vacation. From what I've read, I don't feel comfortable getting a taxi or doing this on our own. Does anyone know how far these resorts are from the port? Also, any ideas on safe transportation from a tour company, etc.? If we don't do this, we will probably stay on the ship and I really hate to do that. We don't want to do the Falls or tour the island (done that years ago), and we don't feel like it's safe to just grab a cab and wing it. Thanks for any replies.

I did a land vacation to Couples Tour Isle in 2011. We love that place and can't wait to go back. I don't know how from port it is but imagine it can't be that far. Both Couples resorts are right in Ocho, at lest the two in that area as the others are near Negril. We have been to Jamaica 3 times and will be there again in one weeks time. Never had an issue and always felt safe. That's our experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Couples resorts are just a few minutes closer to Port than Sandals. Depending on what you want, I'd recommend Sandals Grande Riviera. Large property, great little beach, excellent food, lively, and really nice. Couples resorts are nice as well, but they are a little smaller and may not have as many options for you.

What are you looking to do on your day there? That may help you decide. Pools: SANDALS, Beach: SANDALS, Relaxtion: COUPLES, Food options: SANDALS, Distance: COUPLES.

I would not hesitate to take a taxi to any of them. It's safe to take a cab if you stick with the regulated JUTA taxis. You'll be fine. We have stayed on the island many times and have also cruised, and we "wing" it all the time. There will also be taxis at the resorts to take you back to port when you are done.

It's about a 15 minute ride to the resorts from port.

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

The Couples resorts are just a few minutes closer to Port than Sandals. Depending on what you want, I'd recommend Sandals Grande Riviera. Large property, great little beach, excellent food, lively, and really nice. Couples resorts are nice as well, but they are a little smaller and may not have as many options for you.

What are you looking to do on your day there? That may help you decide. Pools: SANDALS, Beach: SANDALS, Relaxtion: COUPLES, Food options: SANDALS, Distance: COUPLES.

I would not hesitate to take a taxi to any of them. It's safe to take a cab if you stick with the regulated JUTA taxis. You'll be fine. We have stayed on the island many times and have also cruised, and we "wing" it all the time. There will also be taxis at the resorts to take you back to port when you are done.

It's about a 15 minute ride to the resorts from port.

Thanks!:)