Best Charter

TavelRN

Looking for a reasonable and recommended charter for while we are in Tortola. Looking to visit JVD and Willie T's. Possibly visit the Baths. Does anyone have any recommendations? Will be in Port from 0800 to 1700. Arriving on the NCL Getaway. Not sure if we will be tendering. Also, not interested in venturing out on our own.

Jost is to the west and WT and the Baths to the east so there's a lot of area to cover with just 8 or so hours available. It's doable with a fast boat and I had read of another group doing it some time ago, it might have been with an outfit out of Nanny Cay. Try searching here with different terms and see if you can find that post.

Great! Thank you. The Baths would just be an added bonus for us. Not a necessity, but I do think my husband would really love to go to Willie T's. I have emailed a few companies so far, just waiting to hear back.

A good combo tour would be Pirates Bight on Norman Island and the WT. That would give you a lot of time in each spot.

Joe at Patouche dot com has a nice cat sail but also offered this type of day trip in a motor boat, try him. He can also recommend the perfect itinerary for your time in port.

Edited by blue_water
Typo

A good combo tour would be Pirates Bight on Norman Island and the WT. That would give you a lot of time in each spot.

Joe at Patouche dot com has a nice cat sail but also offered this type of day trip in a motor boat, try him. He can also recommend the perfect itinerary for your time in port.

Try Joe for the above option or his excellent daysail to the Baths, other options include Aristocat and Kuralu if you're in port long enough. For smaller outfits check out the operators in Nanny Cay

Still not having much luck finding an outfitter to take us to both Willie T's and JVD. We don't need the snorkeling option. Is anyone aware of any water taxis that leave directly from the cruise port that may be able to accommodate?

Yes. Seems like a great guy and good company, however they are doing a snorkeling stop and then heading straight to JVD. I would rather so JVD and Willie T's, or just spend the entire day on JVD. I looked at BVI360, but they don't have good reviews. Ultimately, I'm thinking finding a water taxi at or near the cruise port, would be the best bet for us, ans to just spend the entire say on JVD. I don't really want to take the ferry over, as I think it would limit our time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Yes the ferry would give you not quite 3 hrs to spend on White Bay with the taxi from and to Great Harbor.

Try Mitch who has a water taxi from CGB to Jost and Little Jost. For a group of 6 the price was $60pp so it may be a little more for fewer people. But with a 25 min taxi to and from CGB, and a 20 min boat ride to and from Jost you'd have at least 6 hrs to enjoy.

The e-mail address may or may not work so I'd try the phone too.

284 499 9674

info@oceanmagicbvi.com.

• 3 months later...
Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate your input.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Yes the ferry would give you not quite 3 hrs to spend on White Bay with the taxi from and to Great Harbor.

Try Mitch who has a water taxi from CGB to Jost and Little Jost. For a group of 6 the price was $60pp so it may be a little more for fewer people. But with a 25 min taxi to and from CGB, and a 20 min boat ride to and from Jost you'd have at least 6 hrs to enjoy.

The e-mail address may or may not work so I'd try the phone too.

284 499 9674

info@oceanmagicbvi.com.

TAVELRN: Were you able to get a hold of Mitch to do the excursion you wanted? We have been looking for something similar but there seems like too many restrictions as to time and snorkeling We don't want to snorkel either. There are only 6 of us so we can't fill a whole charter. Let me know if Mitch was the way to go.

Thanks