teen club age discrepancy Valor

MichelleRicc

I have 4 teens going with us on a cruise on the Valor. 3 of them are in the 15-17 age group and the fourth child will be 15 a month after we go on the cruise. The Carnival website says they are very strict about the kids staying in their age group for the teen clubs. This would personally bum me out because they're all friends cruising together. I can't possibly separate the ONE who is ALMOST 15. Has anybody had any experience with this sort of thing? Are they really THAT strict or are do they give consideration to each circumstance independently? Thanks for any input you have on this.

A few years ago we cruised with another family. My son is best friends with their son. My son was 11, his friend was 12. The first night we went to the kids orientation and spoke with the person in charge. She agreed to let my son join the older group as long as it seemed to be working. It worked out fine. Good luck.

Go to Club O2 at the check in time and talk with the counselors. At times they will let them in.

Depends on number of kids on the ship, staffing etc.

It's best if he is in High School and brings his school ID.

I have 4 teens going with us on a cruise on the Valor. 3 of them are in the 15-17 age group and the fourth child will be 15 a month after we go on the cruise. The Carnival website says they are very strict about the kids staying in their age group for the teen clubs. This would personally bum me out because they're all friends cruising together. I can't possibly separate the ONE who is ALMOST 15. Has anybody had any experience with this sort of thing? Are they really THAT strict or are do they give consideration to each circumstance independently? Thanks for any input you have on this.

I would suggest that you go read on the family boards and this is a VERY common issue. Many have reported that the cruise ship has been accommodating and others have reported that due to the numbers on the ship, they kept the strict policy. So, I think the short answer is that you are going to have to wait until you are on the cruise and ask politely.

That said, the teen programs often don't start until the afternoon or evening and go late into the night. My teen seems not to be in the programs so much as to use them to meet others and then they just hang out as teens tend to do.

when is your cruise?

if you are sailing during a high peak time-- its gonna be hard.

Make sure they go to their meetings the first night. THe groups tend to hang out a lot in public areas instead of participating in the program. Im sure the nearly 15 year old can hang with them out there