Opinions wanted: FujiFilm Finepix XP70 or Canon Powershot D20

Surfdiva83

I am looking for an inexpensive waterproof camera to use on cruise excursions and for water sports while we are at home as we live in a beach town. Ideally I want to spend $200 or less, within that price range and checking online reviews I landed on the FujiFilm Finepix XP70 or the Canon powershot D20. Does anyone have opinions on these two or have another camera you would recommend within that price range?

Best buy and Amazon have the olympus tough 850 on sale for $199. Just bought one. Have not used it before but it has good reviews and seen the camera recommended on here.

The Ump

John

Thanks, I'll check it out :)

Canon(directly from their site) now has the D20 on sale for $169. Probably phasing it out due to the D30 now available. I loved my D10 for 5 years but it finally died. Just got my D20 and have not used it yet. Some people complained about it leaking (others say not) so we bought a 3 year protection and still came out cheaper than the normal or Amazon price for the camera. Hope this helps----Susanl

Canon(directly from their site) now has the D20 on sale for $169. Probably phasing it out due to the D30 now available. I loved my D10 for 5 years but it finally died. Just got my D20 and have not used it yet. Some people complained about it leaking (others say not) so we bought a 3 year protection and still came out cheaper than the normal or Amazon price for the camera. Hope this helps----Susanl

Thank you!