Can Someone Else Book For You?

susie Q

I hope this is not dishonest, but I have heard that you can have someone who is currently cruising, book a cruise for you so that you receive the sailing credit. You just pay the deposit through your travel agent when the paperwork is transfered to him/her. That $200 credit comes in handy! Anyone know about this?

You used to be able to do that, but not any longer. When a booking onboard is done the future cruise consultant has to be able to pull the current booking and names up from the person sailing on the ship.

I guess too many people were doing what you hoped to.

Sorry

when did the policy change? I just booked for our friends while on board the Constellation Sept. last year and there was no problem doing it. Was this a recent change in policy?

The first of the year. I was talking with the FCC and they had a new computer system that required that at least on person on the cruise. The system required they pull up customer infromation from the current cruise.

my parents just came off the Infinity and booked a cabin for themselves and for us for our next cruise. They did not have to put a deposit down. I did all that when they got back. They just put an option on the cruise and then when the deposit due date came around, I processed it (i am their travel agent). Now because they are going on the cruise too, that might be why they where allowed to do that. Both cabins got the $200US shipboard credit YIPEE!!

Stefani

Archived