For those that haves cruised both: Navigator or Carnival Magic?

harrismo

After contemplating everyone's advice we are still torn, because both ships seem to have a lot to offer, but we have decided the Navigator is probably the best fit for us for our first taste of cruising. If we find we love cruising then we'll be back for more and we can try Magic the next time, right?

Good call. Once you cruise, you will be HOOKED. Navigator leaves Galveston in November, so it's smart to book her first. Magic will be there later for your second cruise... Then and only then can you really know which cruise line is for you...

Happy sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SRV FAN

Good call. Once you cruise, you will be HOOKED. Navigator leaves Galveston in November, so it's smart to book her first. Magic will be there later for your second cruise... Then and only then can you really know which cruise line is for you...

Happy sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I giggled a bit when I read this because that is almost word for word the conversation we had when we settled on trying the Navigator first!

Navigator of the Seas (Voyager Class).

I have cruised on both classes of these ships. (RC Adventure - Voyager Class; and Carnival Breeze - Dream Class).

I prefer the RC Voyager Class. Bigger ship with better design, entertainment, and a Royal Promenade.

I hope you enjoy your cruise! We have been on the Magic but not Navigator. However we have been on a few other Royal ships.

Atmosphere is important to us which is the main reason we like Royal. Royal has better entertainment.

The steak house on the Magic is excellent! I would choose the aft pool on the Magic as it's less crowded. Tandoori is very good on Magic. There is very limited food available late night. There is a good deli on the aft deck near the pool as well.

I like the Solariums on Royal ships better than Carnival and they include a pool and not just a hot tub.

The early show comedians are decent in the Puncliner comedy club on the Magic but the late shows were not our cup of tea and don't think they will be yours either.

Carnival gives a good bang for your buck but Royal is just classier.