Meal and activity prices??

esoteria42

I have very much enjoyed reading the reviews and comments everyone has posted in this forum. Thank you for all the information! We are thinking about spending our honeymoon the July QM2 Mediterranean cruise but we were wondering how much to budget for food, drink and activities on board the ship. I know money is never a fun topic but a range of meal prices, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Amanda

Amanda,

An excellent choice! All food is included unless you want to go to the extra fee restaurant, Todd English, but there is no need as the restaurant and buffet are excellent. The extras you will have to budget for are tips, bar bills, excursions and photographs. Drinks are not expensive - cocktails are $5 - $6, wine ~$25/bottle. I don't know what the excursions cost, but you can often 'do it yourself'.

Peter

I'll provide a couple of general answers, as I haven't done my first Cunard cruise yet (October coming up). Acceptable tips are ABOUT $11 per person per day. Soft drinks are about $2 each? (someone correct me if I'm off). I think the photograph costs are terrible. On NCL they were about $25 for an 8x10, and $10 for a 5x7. But since you're on a honeymoon, you gotta do some pictures! A good digital will do wonders for your pictures, also. As Peter says, many of us do our own shore excursions and save money. I'm sure others will provide more complete answers.

Bill

All food is included unless you go to Todd English or the Chef's Galley (where they demonstrate cooking and then serve it to those who attend).

Gratuities are included in your bill but you may want to tip your cabin steward and waiters extra (not obligatory) and you can choose not to have standard gratuities included but pay it all at your discretion - see purser's desk soon after you board to have the standard amount removed from your account.

All drinks that you purchase carry a 15% gratuity. Wine is good value and you can carry bottles over between meals just like any good hotel.

Internet access will cost as will Canyon Ranch Spa and the golf simulator. Launderette facilities are very cheap but laundry service costs you. Have as many formal pictures taken by photographers as you wish - they only cost you when you purchase a photo that you like.

How much will QM2 cost you on board ? As much as you want to spend ! You can keep track of your spending via your television. Enjoy.

A ginger ale was $1.72 which included tax and tip. The embarkation photo was $27.50. There was no charge for the washer/dryers and there was a pail of soap provided. If the pail is empty or missing - simply contact the purser's office for more soap. A 60 min. Internet package cost $24.95.

Archived