FLL or MIA to return rental car?

StorageLady

I am picking up a rental car in Palm Beach the day ahead of the cruise.

I'm not sure how traffic and driving and rental return confusion is at the airports.

Which option makes the most sense:

Return car to FLL and take shuttle to Port of Miami

OR

Return car to MIA and take taxi to Port of Miami

My biggest concern is my unfamiliarity with the area. Some airports make car rental returns very easy. Some airports are so convulted that you can spend an hour just trying to figure out where to return the darn thing!

TIA

Well with FLL's new Car Rental Center they're definitely the easiest airport to get into and find the rental car return. It's a giant parking garage in the center of the airport terminals.

MIA is a massive construction zone, but it's not THAT hard finding the major rental car companies lots, and it would definitely be a lot cheaper to return your car there as many major companies have a free shuttle to the Port of Miami. Or if yours doesn't, a taxi to the port is a $21 flat rate. Hertz also has an office in downtown Miami and they'll shuttle you to the port from there.

Thanks for the tip on Enterprise. They will allow me to return the car to the Hyatt Regency and then provide free shuttle to the port. According to their office, the port is only 5 minutes away. Much more convenient that returning to an airport location!

Archived