Moped Rentals on Grand Cayman

KruzAholic

while Cayman is probably safer than some other islands for this activity I do not recommend it. When I was a ship captain in USCG we organizationally went so far as to ban renting 2 wheeled motor machines of all types on all the islands due to the large number of serious injuries crews were sustaining during port calls. And b4 you say you are experienced .... our experience bikers came out with the worst injuries!

* first and foremost is the issue of driving on the left .... couple this with a libation or two and bad things happen. {I did it 20+ years ago but there was a lot less traffic then you'll see today}

* pedestrians forget about the driving on the left thing too, and step out in front of you when you do not expect it . . .

* a little sand on the road can be worse than ice {my experienced riders often were not ready for the sand}

* on many of the islands you can also expect the moped to have poor or no brakes and generally to be poorly maintained

* rent a car or a Jeep .... you'll be MUCH safer. Nothing messes up a vacation faster than a trip to the emergency room. Even if it is "just" road rash . . .

(my experience was b4 SEGWAYs .... I wonder if they modified the rules?)

Thank you Capt BJ for your info. I really do appreciate it.

Yes, we are all Harley people, but I didn't think of the wrong side of the road and the sand that is probably scatter around.

Again, thank you....think we'll rent a jeep.:D