Valor 7211 (or 7211 in Conquest class)

jtwitch

Good morning,

Just looking for someone who has stayed in 7211 or 7212 on the Valor (or any Conquest-class ship with similar deck plans).

This is a balcony room, second from the front, right underneath the bridge. A couple of related questions:

1) Is the bridge overhang directly above this balcony? Or in front of it?

2) Does the bridge overhang cast a shadow on the balcony?

3) Can you see into the bridge from the balcony? (or vice-versa?)

4) Are there balcony lights issues from being so close to the bridge?

5) Is the bridge fairly quiet to be under? Or do those officers make a lot of noise up there? :)

Thanks for any insight!

Hi

we were on the liberty for 2 weeks in December in 6210 at the front of the ship

the bridge overhang did not cause any problems noise/shadows, you could look up to the bridge there is a small glass floor, I think they must look through it when docking, you can hear waves banging against the bow through

the night as well as the ship moving around compared to rooms further back that I have stayed in, but still a nice part of the ship if you travel down the centre lifts to is a l o n g walk back to your room hope this helps

There should be a overhang just as if balcony cabins are on top of you. I personally don't choose the first 10 rooms from forward, if there is rough seas you will be feeling it a lot more, then there is a longer walk to the mid and aft part of the ship.

Good morning,

Just looking for someone who has stayed in 7211 or 7212 on the Valor (or any Conquest-class ship with similar deck plans).

This is a balcony room, second from the front, right underneath the bridge. A couple of related questions:

1) Is the bridge overhang directly above this balcony? Or in front of it?

2) Does the bridge overhang cast a shadow on the balcony?

3) Can you see into the bridge from the balcony? (or vice-versa?)

4) Are there balcony lights issues from being so close to the bridge?

5) Is the bridge fairly quiet to be under? Or do those officers make a lot of noise up there? :)

Thanks for any insight!

I've not read anything negative about this room anywhere. Everything I have read says it is one of the best rooms you can have. I have heard they will control your balcony light at night to make sure it is off but I'm not sure why that would be a big deal.

We will be in this room (Valor 7211) leaving Sunday. So I'll try to remember to get back with you to answer any questions you may have.

I've not read anything negative about this room anywhere. Everything I have read says it is one of the best rooms you can have. I have heard they will control your balcony light at night to make sure it is off but I'm not sure why that would be a big deal.

We will be in this room (Valor 7211) leaving Sunday. So I'll try to remember to get back with you to answer any questions you may have.

Enjoy!! Take good care of my room!! :)

I'm quite excited about it being close to a bow deck... Even though I suspect it may feel as though it is far from everything.

Enjoy your cruise!

Enjoy!! Take good care of my room!! :)

I'm quite excited about it being close to a bow deck... Even though I suspect it may feel as though it is far from everything.

Enjoy your cruise!

So you know about the "secret" (or not so much) deck right out the front doors, correct? I think that will be a nice plus to being on the front of the ship. As far as being so far away from everything else...I don't mind. I am going to need to work off the extra food and desserts I eat on the ship that are so out of the norm for me. I need to circle the ship at least twice before I'm allowed to get to any of the food. LOL

• 1 month later...

For the sake of anyone who stumbles across this thread looking for more information on 7211... :)

The cabin is one location aft of the navigational bridge overhang. If you look straight up from the balcony, you can see a catwalk that goes around the overhang. There is no balcony room directly above you, and the overhang is not directly above you. We did not notice increased shade because of the bridge overhang.

You can see the bridge officers if they are out on the overhang... but that's typically only when coming into/out of port. It was pretty typical for one of them to be standing there with binoculars, watching the line of people getting back on the ship. He'd see me come out... he'd wave... I'd wave... that was that. :)

We did not notice much front/back motion... and the side-to-side motion shouldn't be any difference here than any other room.

We were typically underway before sunset, and I don't remember not being able to use our balcony lights at any point that we wanted to.

We did have gurgling drains in our bathroom, particularly noticeable when leaving port. Only once was this accompanied with a slight sewage smell... but that quickly passed. The steward assured us that the gurgling would go away once we got out of the harbor area... and he was right.