Currency exchange available on board and need for cash in ports?

Good Day Everyone,

We'll be sailing Serenade of the Seas in May to Scandinavia and St. Petersburg. I was wondering if Guest Services provides a currency exchange service on board? If they do, do they charge a service fee of any sort? I plan to use my credit card as much as possible, but I am hearing that taxis/trams/etc. may only take local currency. Typically, I would go to a local ATM to get a little cash if needed. But, I'm not sure how conveniently located ATMs might be in Stockholm and Helinski - whether or not we would come across transport or ATMs first after disembarking.

Also, while I'm on the currency topic, we are taking an SPB tour in St. Petersburg. Is there a need for local currency while on their one day tour? For those who have taken SPB's one day tour, are there any shopping opportunities - gift shops along the tour itinerary that take only local currency?

Thanks all!

Took the exact same cruise in May 2014. RCL does a currency exchange on board except for Russian ruble. According to RC Russia does not allow rubles to be taken out of the country. However, all the ports we visited accepted US dollars and did an exchange rate on the spot. In Russia they were clerks at all the shops that had a calculator and did an currency rate exchange prior to purchase so you knew how much prior to check out. Had no problems with Dollars anywhere . However did not take taxi so not sure about thAt