Storing Luggage - FCO or Train Station

freddiebud

Been doing ALOT of research and would like some input from folks. Cruise ends on a Monday and I have a transfer to FCO. From there, I am going to Florence for one or two nights.

Don't want to drag my suitcase with me. Would you suggest storing at FCO? Or the train station? I am also thinking of spending another night in Rome (spending time in Rome pre-cruise also). Should I check and see if they will store it?

Thanks for your help.

So let me get this straight. You have a transfer to FCO after the cruise, but you plan to take a train to Florence? If that's the case and you were then going to take the train from FCO to Termini to get the train to Florence, I guess I'd just leave the luggage at the airport and save a step.

In my experience hotels throughout Europe have been really good about holding onto luggage even for multiple days. But that would mean you'd have to go back to the hotel to collect your luggage on your return, whereas it might be easier just to pick it up at the airport before you depart.

thanks for the response. have you ever held luggage at the airport? reading thru the posts, it appears that there are issues at the train station and I don't want to experience the same at the airport.

No, but I've held luggage at the airport in Venice just a few months ago with no issues--for the same reason you're looking at, so I didn't have to drag our suitcases around with us!!!