Breeze - anything you can tell me will be appreciated!

vmt514

It's been 10 years since we were on Carnival. Will be booking Breeze 6 day - summer cruise.

How crowded does she feel? Will the amount of kids be overwhelming?

How easy is it to navigate from one end of the ship to the other?

Do you have to book reservations to the comedy and other shows? How does this work?

And does anyone have a link to a current Carnival brochure? My google searches keep coming up with prior years and the Carnival sight is promoting 2016 cruises.

Does the VIFP club get you anything special?

Thanks for anything you can tell me about pools, which specialty restaurant is worth the extra or not, shows - anything.

It's been 10 years since we were on Carnival. Will be booking Breeze 6 day - summer cruise.

How crowded does she feel? Will the amount of kids be overwhelming?

The ship was at capacity when I sailed on her, and it never felt crowded. As far as the amount of kids, I cannot answer that question because I only sail in the fall and late winter when most children are in school.

How easy is it to navigate from one end of the ship to the other?

Very easy. The main public decks are 3, 4, 5 and 9.

Do you have to book reservations to the comedy and other shows? How does this work?

No reservations, but you want to arrive 25-30 minutes early to get a good seat, especially for the comedy shows.

And does anyone have a link to a current Carnival brochure? My google searches keep coming up with prior years and the Carnival sight is promoting 2016 cruises.

You can research the Breeze on the Carnival website. The deck plan and information on all of the public spaces and restaurants will be listed.

Does the VIFP club get you anything special?

Yes, but it depends on what level you are. The higher the level, the more perks.

Thanks for anything you can tell me about pools, which specialty restaurant is worth the extra or not, shows - anything.

I do not use the pools, but the Breeze has hot tubs on deck 5 that hang off the side of the ship. As far as specialty restaurants, there are several. The free ones include Guys Burgers, Fat Jimmy's C-Side BBQ, and Blue Iguana Cantina. The upcharge restaurants are Bonsai Sushi, Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse and Cucina del Capitano. I highly recommend the last two.

At the top of the page are links to every ship. If you click on Breeze, it will take you to all the recent threads (including review threads) about her. You should be able to find lots of useful/helpful info in already-existing threads.

I haven't sailed her, yet, but I love reading reviews and often peruse review threads about ships and itineraries I'm considering for future bookings.

PauleyDM - thanks for all the insight. I have looked at the Carnival sight but find it isn't very user friendly. I search on Breeze and then it give general information, not specifics.

Thanks for the not feeling crowded. That really is what I needed to hear most. I don't want to feel boxed in. Wish I could reserve a show, hate thinking of standing in line like a theme park, but will manage - any cruise is a good cruise.

NCTribeFan - I have been reading the Breeze, Conquest and others that were our options and settled on the Breeze.

Thanks again,

the comedy shoes on every ship and cruise line is always packed. we always jut have someone from our group go and save a seat for us about 45 mins before the show, we switch up the person every night. i am not sure about the crowd of the desks as we always sail in winter nov-jan. so most kids are in school. the only time we have had a issue was when we went on Norwegian in 2012 as we could not get near a pool or hot tub and the chair hogs were out in full force. i have never had the issue on any carnival ship.

I have looked at the Carnival sight but find it isn't

very user friendly. I search on Breeze and then it give general information, not specifics.

Hi Vmt :)

I just wanted to drop you a link that may help you in regard to specifics.

Once inside, be sure to click on the links on the left hand side of the page.

Especially (ship features & public area's)

Carnival Breeze

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/breeze/breeze.ashx

Have a terrific day!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

VMT514,

What kind of specifics are you looking for? It always seems to me that I can find the info I may be interested in is right there on the Carnival web site. And believe me, I have NO computer smarts, just alot of time for obessive searching (lol).

We were just on the Breeze out of Miami on January 3 to Antigua, Puerto Rico, St John.We were never able to go to the serenity deck because every place was taken by 8.00 in the morning.We even saw some pillows up their one morning suggesting that people were sleeping there It was extremely windy.We went to the small pool at the back of the boat but you need to get there by nine or ten to get a chair.People started lining up for the comedy show about thirty minutes before it started.It is easy to navigate the boat.There are signs when you get off the elevator telling you what is on that deckShes a beautiful shipThe tasting bar is really good.

At the top of the page are links to every ship. If you click on Breeze, it will take you to all the recent threads (including review threads) about her. You should be able to find lots of useful/helpful info in already-existing threads.

I haven't sailed her, yet, but I love reading reviews and often peruse review threads about ships and itineraries I'm considering for future bookings.

Great ship reviews here. On the top of the page click "reviews" Then click on "member reviews, then choose the ship you want to review, they are ALL listed.

Thanks everyone. I'm one of those people who doesn't really want surprises when I go on vacation. I want to plan everything. DH not so much.

PortSideCruzan - thank you for the link to the room detail. That was definitely one of my questions.

Other examples of questions: can we bring water or soda on board and if so it these a certain way to do this? I took a case of 16 oz bottled water and taped it up with clear tape and attached a luggage tag on Royal and it was delivered to my room no problem. Can I do this?

Is Carnival Coke or Pepsi?

Where is the Sea Day Brunch - is this MDR or ?

What about bringing a bottle of wine (per person) for debarkation? We are 4 adults this would give us balcony wine for several days.

How early can you board the ship?

Where exactly is the Mongolian Wok? Is this part of the Lido deck or someplace else?

Again - thanks for all the great input.

1. Can we bring water or soda on board and if so it these a certain way to do this? I took a case of 16 oz bottled water and taped it up with clear tape and attached a luggage tag on Royal and it was delivered to my room no problem. Can I do this?

Yes, but they have to be in your carry on. Waters will be shaken individually to determine if the content is water or alcohol. At ports of call, you can bring on as much as you can carry.

2. Is Carnival Coke or Pepsi?

Coke

3. Where is the Sea Day Brunch - is this MDR or ?

MDR

4. What about bringing a bottle of wine (per person) for debarkation? We are 4 adults this would give us balcony wine for several days.

One per person over 21.

5. How early can you board the ship?

As soon as the ship is ready for passengers. Could be 10:30am but at the same time, it could be 1:30pm or later.

6. Where exactly is the Mongolian Wok? Is this part of the Lido deck or someplace else?

Lido restaurant.

Pixelate - thanks, great info.

DH & DS #2 will be happy about the Coke, D #1 is a Pepsi guy. Oh well.

DE #2 & I also drink lots of water. Which becomes heavy to carry on. Does Carnival have a water / non alcoholic beverage package? I don't drink soda.

Again, thanks!

Pixelate - thanks, great info.

DH & DS #2 will be happy about the Coke, D #1 is a Pepsi guy. Oh well.

DE #2 & I also drink lots of water. Which becomes heavy to carry on. Does Carnival have a water / non alcoholic beverage package? I don't drink soda.

Again, thanks!

They didn't have a water package but you can pre purchase water from the fun shops prior to your cruise. I unusual get a case off 24 that is waiting in my room when I board so I don't have to worry about carrying on and then lugging it around until the room is ready.

Thanks - I'll definitely be looking into the water pre-purchase.

Trying to book tonight, but we have one room through a vacation club and they are a pain to get on the phone. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have our rooms and be counting the days.

Thanks - I'll definitely be looking into the water pre-purchase.

Trying to book tonight, but we have one room through a vacation club and they are a pain to get on the phone. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have our rooms and be counting the days.

The water packages are ridiculously high. We do buy the glass bottled mineral water, but we carry on cheap bottled water.

Allow yourself lots of time to get where you are going on the Breeze, arrive early to shows, debark on port days after the mad rush if you can book excursions after the first scheduled time (and return before the lines form at the end of the day). Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app