Chobe Game Lodge

Lane412000

Have you checked out this lodge at Travel Advisor? That might give you better information. Probably there aren't many people at this general site who have been there. Also, many of us do NOT use Oceania's hotels anyway. So independent sources might give you a better answer.

Another source is here at CC in the port information area.

Mura

Have you checked out this lodge at Travel Advisor? That might give you better information. Probably there aren't many people at this general site who have been there. Also, many of us do NOT use Oceania's hotels anyway. So independent sources might give you a better answer.

Another source is here at CC in the port information area.

Mura

I have checked out TripAdvisor and also the CC port section. TripAdvisor did provide some great information. I should have probably worded my original post differently as I was looking for information on not only the lodge but the Oceania pre-cruise tour as I think it was offered last year before the transatlantic cruise.

As for Oceania hotels.....laughing, finding out why I have stayed away from them myself. We are arriving into JNB a day earlier than the beginning of the precruise tour to get a day of rest in before starting. So, we booked the hotel through Oceania for the additional day and are being hit for a $299 per person for the night. We can book a room at the same hotel for $289 a night. TA said yeah, but they are providing transfers to the hotel from the airport. This better be one BIG ASS LIMO, you know? :D

Lane, you're in sync with many of us.

Sometimes the Oceania hotel can be worth it because they provide transfers and SOMETIMES a city tour. (Not sure about that since we've never taken a package.) If it's a one night hotel stay it CAN pay. Depending ...

When we were in London last June post-cruise we ran into a couple who had bought the Oceania package at our hotel and the husband was stunned when he learned that we were in a Marriott since he was a platinum member. So he spent twice what those of us who booked independently had spent ... And in fact we were using Marriott points ... so we spent virtually nothing. We wondered why the hotel staff didn't note that he was a platinum member when he checked in.

In any case, it wasn't obvious from the name of the hotel that it was a Marriott. I think in that case it was managed by Marriott, but didn't say MARRIOTT on the front door.

Mura

P.S. I have noticed in the past year or two that on occasion they give a per room cost as opposed to a per person cost for the hotel. That can make a big difference as well.