When to get to port?

PrincessFigment

Hi! New poster here and my hubby and I leave next Sunday on our first Disney cruise :) Our port arrival time is 12:30 to 1:30. What I've gathered is that is when they usually open boarding to everyone. My question is, what time should we actually arrive to the port to check in? We will be driving from Disney World that morning and would like to get on the ship as early as possible (don't we all!) Any tips and tricks are much appreciated!:o

I guess I don't understand your predicament. I would arrive at the terminal about 12:30, which is your scheduled time. If you arrive at this time, you should expect to walk right into the terminal, have minimal line for check in, and board the ship within a very short time after checking in.

Arriving earlier will not get you onto the ship any earlier. It will simply increase your time spent waiting in the terminal. I couldn't dispute a 12:15 arrival, but any earlier than that just wastes your time.

Have a nice breakfast at WDW....or stop along the way for some "off property" food, and arrive as scheduled.

You might want to recheck your PAT. I've never heard of a 1 hour window--in my experience, they are 30 minutes. Shmoo posted about 15 minute windows, but we've always seen 30.

Edited by moki'smommy

I guess I don't understand your predicament. I would arrive at the terminal about 12:30' date=' which is your scheduled time. If you arrive at this time, you should expect to walk right into the terminal, have minimal line for check in, and board the ship within a very short time after checking in.

Arriving earlier will not get you onto the ship any earlier. It will simply increase your time spent waiting in the terminal. I couldn't dispute a 12:15 arrival, but any earlier than that just wastes your time.

Have a nice breakfast at WDW....or stop along the way for some "off property" food, and arrive as scheduled.

You might want to recheck your PAT. I've never heard of a 1 hour window--in my experience, they are 30 minutes. Shmoo posted about 15 minute windows, but we've always seen 30.[/quote']

The Port Arrival Time selection window from our most recent cruise:

slmqlg.jpg

Thank you so much for the replies! I am such a dork... should have double checked... the hubby is the one handling our reservation and I was just going off what he said! It is 12:30-1:00. So, based off what you all have said, there's really no chance of getting on board early. Any suggestions for a good breakfast near the port?

You said you were coming from WDW....so you'll pass every fast food place known to man between WDW and PC. I'd eat closer to WDW as you'll eat again as soon as you are on the ship. Fast food? There's Chik Fil A nearby, as well as most other chains. For a fun (but expensive) breakfast, do a character breakfast at WDW. There is a McDonald's right near the port. (yuk). Look up your kid's favorite place on line and see how near it is to where you need to drive anyhow.

Hi,

Any idea what happens if the port arrival time we select is before the time we get there?

Our flight/transportation will be handled by Disney but I won't know those details until after I do my online check-in. Patience is not a strong suit of mine....

Thanks.

Hi,

Any idea what happens if the port arrival time we select is before the time we get there?

Our flight/transportation will be handled by Disney but I won't know those details until after I do my online check-in. Patience is not a strong suit of mine....

Thanks.

Don't worry about it. Since you will be arriving on a DCL bus, you'll be allowed into the terminal whenever the bus gets you there. If they have already boarded your number, you'll walk on as soon as you have checked in. Just select the earliest PAT that is available when you can do your on line check in. Now if you want to be a really nice person, you can go back and edit it later (perhaps freeing up an earlier PAT for someone who will be there), but it isn't necessary. When the terminal has reasonably emptied, they'll be announcing open boarding, and that person with a later PAT can board then.