Balconies on the breakaway ship

naturalbeauty2011

I just got off the Breakaway. The balconies are very tiny and we were in a mini suite(m9). Very unimpressed! Thank god it was a free upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your reply. Would you ever use that balcony again or will you probably go with a larger balcony? Did you have kids with you on this trip?

I just got off the Breakaway. The balconies are very tiny and we were in a mini suite(m9). Very unimpressed! Thank god it was a free upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why were you unimpressed in your spa mini suite? I am going on breakaway in December and have a M9 category in a spa mini suite....I thought that the cabin looked very nice....with a nice touch on how large the bathroom was...I was on MSC Divina back in October, and there balaconies were small as well with only two chairs, and small table, but you still could go out there and sit and have a nice cup of coffee in the morning or a nice glass of wine in the evening.... tell me what unimpressed you about the room...

By the way were you on the CTN this passed weekend?

Good morning, I have a few questions. The large balcony is there any privacy at all? and if I want privacy which category should I go with. Also the standard balconies, are they really that small?

Thank you for all your opinions in Advanced:)

Standard Balconies for Balcony and Mini-suite cabins are about 4' x 9'

Large Balcony cabins (B6) have balconies which are about double the size of standard, 8' x 9'

Large Balcony Mini-suites (M6) have balconies which are about 12' x 9'

Both M6 and B6 balconies are exposed from above as they stick out from the others on decks 8 & 9, respectively.

The B1 cabins in the aft have oversized balconies (differing in size based on deck #), but are more private than the B6 or M6.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Winston Wolf

Here is a link to CC Member Bear3412's thread about Breakaway's staterooms and balconies. It contains his spreadsheet that includes visual aids that is extremely helpful in researching Breakaway.

Hope this helps!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1843049

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

We had large balcony on breakaway last month. 9126. Only part of the balcony is exposed, it was private enough for us. We booked mini with large balcony for next cruise since we were looking down on them envious of their space. 8134. They are more exposed though. It is a long walk to the large balconies from elevators since they are so far forward. Good to walk off the extra calories. We thought large balcony was definitely worth it as it gave us loungers without fighting crowds by pool and felt private enough.