MDR table for 13

aimingforplatinum

Will the MDR on the Magic accommodate a group of 13 at one table? The largest group I have asked to be seated with was 9. This time we have a few more in our crew and wanted to try to all sit together in the MDR. We have linked the bookings but no one has said if we can all be seated together.

Hi,

We are also trying for a table of 13 in the MDR. I sent in a request and was told that the largest table (for Splendor) seats 11. They recommended a large round (11) and square (4) beside it. We were told that we could fit all 13 if we changed to Anytime Dining because it's in a different dining room.

there is not a standard table that fits 13.

there are very few - as in typically ONE - 12 person round table. they might be able to 'squeeze' in an extra person. the other option i've seen is putting together 2 6 person rectangular table to fit 12 - same thing, perhaps they could fit in an extra at the head of the table. these options would be limited.

more likely than not, you may be assigned / prefer 2 tables close to each other. you could switch it up to dine with others in your party during the cruise if you like. also keep in mind that for the larger table options, it's hard to converse with someone across the large table anyway - the 2 table option may be preferable anyway for that reason.

We had a table for 13 on the Freedom last March for DD's wedding. It's technically a table for 12, but 13 will fit comfortably. We sent an email to the Maître'd to give him a heads up as well as putting in a request on John Heald's FB page.

Thanks for the responses. Our biggest issue is that we have 5 young children, the parents, and grandparents, so of course the kids will have to have adult supervision but we also may have to fight the grandparents for us parents to sit with the grandkids. Lord knows they won't make the kids mind their manners in the MDR lol. We have a 6 year old celebrating a birthday one night. We will make it work no matter what and be happy however it ends up because we will be on the sea and that is my happy place.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a table for 15 on the Pride. We have 8 adults and 7 kids, 3 which are in highchairs. Does this sound doable or just go for 2 tables?

You will probably need to do 2 separate tables.

Edited by Rena921

A group of 13 will probably be seated at two 6 tops w/ an extra child squozen in or one of the long 12 tops that often run perpendicular to the windows. I for one love two different tables....and 4 adults 3 kids would work just fine at one table. A note to think about...I'd rather be at separate tables and have room for my soup, 3 entrees, bread plate, salad plate, water, glass of wine than be so tight that dinner takes lots longer as each course has to be cleared away before the next one is served because of lack of room.

A group of 13 will probably be seated at two 6 tops w/ an extra child squozen in or one of the long 12 tops that often run perpendicular to the windows. I for one love two different tables....and 4 adults 3 kids would work just fine at one table. A note to think about...I'd rather be at separate tables and have room for my soup, 3 entrees, bread plate, salad plate, water, glass of wine than be so tight that dinner takes lots longer as each course has to be cleared away before the next one is served because of lack of room.

We had 13 at a round 12 top and were not crowded at all. There was plenty of room for our plates, glasses, etc and we had more than enough elbow room.

We had 13 at a round 12 top and were not crowded at all. There was plenty of room for our plates, glasses, etc and we had more than enough elbow room.

Obviously you aren't as stout as we tend to be nor do your kids order 5 of everything. Besides, my last trip on the Magic I don't remember 12 tops that were round. 10 tops were the largest.

Obviously you aren't as stout as we tend to be nor do your kids order 5 of everything. Besides, my last trip on the Magic I don't remember 12 tops that were round. 10 tops were the largest.

There is typically at least one - on the rare occasion there is a 'captains table' it is typically that 12 top. But as noted, they are very limited

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They had them on the Freedom and we weren't the only large party. My kids are adults with my 16 yo the size of an adult (teenage boys eat a lot) and my son in law is 6'5" and built like a linebacker. They do order multiple meals, etc. so obviously we are not a small group.

The best thing for the op to do is send an email to the Maître'd or John Heald to get it set up.