Mi Casa Es Su Casa - Your Private Beach Getaway

Ckrewz

I just saw this added to the excursion list. I would be very interested to hear more about this one, if anyone goes before March 21! :D From the pictures it looks like there may not be a good water entry as it appears to be a rocky bulkhead/barrier. I called Carnival to get more info but got no help, just what was listed on the website.

2 more calls later to Carnival and I got a very helpful young lady who directed me to shoreexcursions@carnival.com. Who knew?? Well probably many of you but I had no idea this was available!:o Within 24 hours I had the answers to my questions.

Thought I would share.

Thank you for contacting the Shore Excursion Department and we are happy to be of assistance.

Please kindly see the answers to your question:

1. What is the travel time from port to destination? 30 MINUTES

2. What type of vehicle is used for transportation? VAN OR BUS.

3. What is the maximum number of passes sold for the day? DEPENDS FROM CRUISE TO CRUISE, BUT 47 GUESTS MAX

4. Is there water entry from the beach? From the pictures it appears to have a rocky bulkhead with no entry. YES, THERE IS AN ENTRANCE.

5. Is Wi-Fi included? THE LOCATION WILL HAVE WIFI SOON.

If you have any additional questions regarding the Shore Excursion program, please feel free to contact us again.

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got back from a cruise yesterday (3/12/15) and did this excursion. I wrote a review on Carnival for it. My best friend & I really loved it. Very chill, I loved the food and the drinks kept coming - super service!

It's how it's described on the site and the bus ride isn't very long... HOWEVER... Progreso is a very run-down city. The excursion is actually at a rather secluded place that is/was a coconut farm. If you ask them, they'll crack a coconut for you & fill it with rum.

It's new and family-owned so they look for honest feedback to improve the experience. As long as they keep it to small groups, I will definitely return.

Thanks Drinkybird. Very helpful!

One other question. Is there a swimming pool at the pier in Progreso? I did a search on video related site and in one of them it looks like a swimming pool in the background.

Thanks again.