Need medicine to be kept colder than "cool"

I know from experience that the mini-fridges do not keep things very cold...they keep things cool at best. It's never been an issue because we would just keep the bottle or sippy cup of milk in the ice bucket. But now my daughter takes a seizure medicine that MUST be refrigerated, so cool isn't good enough. What should we do?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know from experience that the mini-fridges do not keep things very cold...they keep things cool at best. It's never been an issue because we would just keep the bottle or sippy cup of milk in the ice bucket. But now my daughter takes a seizure medicine that MUST be refrigerated, so cool isn't good enough. What should we do?

Send an email to special needs department. They'll deliver a medi-cooler to your stateroom. It'll keep the meds cooler than the fridge. Or the infirmary can hold it for you if they're out of medi-coolers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Use the bucket with ice and put it in the refrigerator.

Curious, how are you safely transporting the medication between home and getting to the cabin during that time span?

Send an email to special needs department. They'll deliver a medi-cooler to your stateroom. It'll keep the meds cooler than the fridge. Or the infirmary can hold it for you if they're out of medi-coolers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How do I email the special needs department and how far in advance should I do so? Thanks!

Use the bucket with ice and put it in the refrigerator.

Curious, how are you safely transporting the medication between home and getting to the cabin during that time span?

The plan is to take it in an insulated bag with ice packs, but of course the ice packs won't stay cool all week. This medicine also comes in pill, but she isn't able to swallow pills so if we use the pills, we crush them and just hope that she gets it all. We will take enough pills to last the week just in case the medicine gets spilled or ruined for some reason.

Contact their Special Needs department and they'll help you. I can vouch they are just amazing when addressing the special health needs of their passengers. Don't wait till the last minute, go ahead and contact them right away.