M-Class Bahamas - Verandah or OV? HELP!

MerDub

My friend and I (both 29-year-old females) are planning on a 4-night to the Bahamas on the Constellation at the end of February.

I'm an experienced cruiser but it'll be her first time. I currently have courtesy holds on 3 different rooms for the next 24 hours and I need help deciding which one to go with.

I have room 8003 which is forward starboard oceanview but it's one of the large ones, the room is the same size as one of the sweet sixteen rooms with the verandah included, putting it at what I assume is close to 250 sq ft. My issue with this is that my friend isn't sure if she's going to get sea sick and I'm concerned that a room all the way at the front of the ship on a high floor might end up being too much motion. This room comes to $1096 with taxes and fees in.

I also have room 7080 which is a verandah room, also starboard, and looks like it's one with a slightly larger slanted balcony (sweet sixteens are completely sold out unfortunately) which would be nice, but that one would come to $1296

The last room I have is also a verandah, room 7173 which has a larger balcony as well, not quite as big as a sweet sixteen if I understand correctly but still larger than average, and that comes to $1256.

My last option is to go with the cheapest OV stateroom and that would come to $916.

We're both planning on getting beverage packages and those are going to bring up our costs considerably (but she's recently single and it will be nice to order as many frozen drinks as our hearts desire without having to worry about racking up huge bar tabs - we're both avid drinkers when the opportunity presents itself) and I would be keener on the verandah if you were still allowed to smoke on them, it would definitely make it worth the money if that were the case.

Anyways, do you think we should save our money and just go with a standard oceanview, compromise and go for the huge oceanview (which would be nice in the evenings when we're getting ready for dinner etc) or splurge and get a verandah room, and if so, do I go with 7173 or 7080?

SO MANY DECISIONS.

I should also mention that I am a Captain's Club member and therefore am eligible for a sub-class upgrade, although I don't see that much of an advantage in a sub-class upgrade unless you're in CC or AQ. But I suppose it would give me that $1296 room for $1256 instead. A whopping $40. Still better than nothing I guess!

Thanks in advance!

If your friend thinks she might be seasick, I would pass on #8003 even though it is a very large o/v room. A balcony is very nice and you can sit out there and enjoy your drinks. It's also nice for sailaways. I would pick either one of the others. #7080 might have a larger balcony. Your friend should take some seasickness meds with her if she thinks she might be sick. Get some from the Dr. Enjoy your cruise.

If you could hold off until March 1, then you would still get the free beverage packages, so with that money saved, you could book a 5 night instead of a 4 night and a verandah instead of an OV....just a thought!:)

If you could hold off until March 1, then you would still get the free beverage packages, so with that money saved, you could book a 5 night instead of a 4 night and a verandah instead of an OV....just a thought!:)

I wiiiish!! The beverage package would save us a TON but it was hard enough for us both to get time off our respective jobs the same week to go anywhere and this was the only time we could both take. I absolutely would have waited otherwise.

Check around the web, one or 2 of the large online outfits may still offer a drink package as a perk. I agree with Wallie, for her first time you really need a balcony! Let us know what you decide!