Getaway vs RCCI Navigator of the Seas

bradleyk

My wife and I are currently booked on the Navigator for this October. We sailed on RCCI Enchantment of the Seas this past September. When I started looking to book this years trip I was really interested in Norwegian because of the free style cruising and all the things to do on deck like the water slides and the ropes course. Also the free beverage package offer seemed great.

But the price was to high, so we booked on the Navigator due to its lower price. Now there has been a big drop in balcony cabin prices for our sailing dates.

I am thinking about switching our booking and could use any feedback, positive or negative.

Thanks,

Brad

Both GREAT choices! I love Royal Caribbean and I'm Diamond with them so obviously I like to sail with them. I know NAVIGATOR will provide a great experience … but I recently sailed on GETAWAY and I was blown away. It's a whole new NCL. The ship is just fantastic in so many ways and the Freestyle concept just works. Entertainment is great, food & service really good, and lots of fun bells & whistles like the ropes course and slides. Between the two ships I would say GETAWAY all the way!

Good luck and either way you will end up on a great ship.

I've never been on the Navigator but I would switch to the Getaway in a heartbeat. You can't beat the free beverage package and I know the Getaway is a great ship. I loved my Getaway cruise I took last month. I cruise on the Oasis next weekend and wish Royal were offering the free beverage package like NCL is doing.

Both GREAT choices! I love Royal Caribbean and I'm Diamond with them so obviously I like to sail with them. I know NAVIGATOR will provide a great experience … but I recently sailed on GETAWAY and I was blown away. It's a whole new NCL. The ship is just fantastic in so many ways and the Freestyle concept just works. Entertainment is great, food & service really good, and lots of fun bells & whistles like the ropes course and slides. Between the two ships I would say GETAWAY all the way!

Good luck and either way you will end up on a great ship.

Thank you!

I've never been on the Navigator but I would switch to the Getaway in a heartbeat. You can't beat the free beverage package and I know the Getaway is a great ship. I loved my Getaway cruise I took last month. I cruise on the Oasis next weekend and wish Royal were offering the free beverage package like NCL is doing.

I've read reviews that say the service is lacking on Norwegian, mostly due to the free style cruising. What did you think of the service? Long waits for food in dinning areas? Were bar staff attentive?

I purchased the ultimate dining plan for $119. So I ate all 7 of my dinner meals in speciality restaurants and didn't eat in the dining room but I have on other NCL ships. I'm not loyal to any cruiseline and never had a problem with service on NCL in the dining room or at any bars. I had such a great time being back on an NCL ship that I booked the Getaway 2 more times and the Escape which is the new ship for this December. I'd say go for it I think the Getaway will blow you away.

Edited by kaftigr

I purchased the ultimate dining plan for $119. So I ate all 7 of my dinner meals in speciality restaurants and didn't eat in the dining room but I have on other NCL ships. I'm not loyal to any cruiseline and never had a problem with service on NCL in the dining room or at any bars. I had such a great time being back on an NCL ship that I booked the Getaway 2 more times and the Escape which is the new ship for this December. I'd say go for it I think the Getaway will blow you away.

you definitely have a diverse sailing history to be able to compare ships and lines

You'll have a blast on Getaway. I'm Diamond on Royal and I love ther product, but NCL's Getaway and Breakaway are a lot of fun, and my husband and son like freestyle as they don't have to dress in suits for dinner. Both cruise lines offer a good product. I find the service more consistent on Royal, but my Getaway cruise had excellent service