Elation: suite vs. grand suite

spleenstomper

Hi all. Its been a while: we are looking to make a quick run 5 day in July out of New Orleans on the Elation.

We are balcony snobs and so will need to book a suite plus an interior room for 3 teens.

We had a grand suite on the fantasy and we all 5 slept in there but since the teens are big and tall now, they will have to have their own room.

Looks like my choice is deck 6 (deck 11 sold out, so i guess that was the better deck?) and a suite or a grand suite. So is the regular suite more like a regular balcony?

And what about deck 6? Good, bad, indifferent?

Thanks for any help.

Does the elation have a water slide?

Im excited to be on a fantasy class ship again-- fantasy was our first and favorite carnival ship.

Hi all. Its been a while: we are looking to make a quick run 5 day in July out of New Orleans on the Elation.

We are balcony snobs and so will need to book a suite plus an interior room for 3 teens.

We had a grand suite on the fantasy and we all 5 slept in there but since the teens are big and tall now, they will have to have their own room.

Looks like my choice is deck 6 (deck 11 sold out, so i guess that was the better deck?) and a suite or a grand suite. So is the regular suite more like a regular balcony?

And what about deck 6? Good, bad, indifferent?

Thanks for any help.

Does the elation have a water slide?

Im excited to be on a fantasy class ship again-- fantasy was our first and favorite carnival ship.

Yes to a water slide. But that's about all it has, the slide and pool (along with warm tubs).

Deck 6 is good. On fantasy class ships we've stayed on Deck 6 and Deck 7 and like them both. Not too far up or down and you have cabins above and below.

Sorry, can't help much on the suite stuff. We do OV on those ships. I have read the regular suites/balconies are nothing special and some have obstructed views.

Edited by fuddrules

For the Elation, there are only really 2 different types of suites: the grand suites (all on deck 6), and the junior suites which are all on deck 11 (some of them are obstructed, which is technically another category). Many people are not fond of those deck 11 suites, as the rooms are not that large, and the balconies are super tiny, and they look down onto a public walkway one deck below. The obstructed ones have a lifeboat obstructing the view, in addition to the walkway below.

I have been on Elation, and my friends had a grand suite. It was nice & roomy, and the balcony is very nice. Unless I'm missing something, all of the deck 6 suites on Elation are grand suites, and they can all sleep up to 4 or 5. I would recommend these rooms, although they are out of my price range. No problem at all.

Regarding the waterslide, it's not a large one, like you see with the new or updated ships. It drops into the main pool on lido deck, keeping half of it not available for swimming. There is another pool in the back of the ship.

Edited by k2excursion

Yes, i asked if we wanted to do 5 in a suite again because last time it honestly wasn't bad.... Especially given the balcony and a half, that was like another room almost.

I was overruled by the teens and the husband lol. I will inquire about it... Calling carnival in a second.

Thanks.

We have done two cruises with 5 in a suite. (Fantasy and i think Triumph)