Carnival Legend

Thinking of trying Carnival for a change wonder if anyone could tell if balcony cabin 7170 category 8K is a good choice and do they charge gratuities and have drinks packages also is the currency onboard $US OR $AUD

Have only cruised RCI and Celebrity before so not sure what to expect with Carnival

Thanks

Thinking of trying Carnival for a change wonder if anyone could tell if balcony cabin 7170 category 8K is a good choice and do they charge gratuities and have drinks packages also is the currency onboard $US OR $AUD

Have only cruised RCI and Celebrity before so not sure what to expect with Carnival

Thanks

Not sure about the balcony. Carnival don't charge gratuities. The only drinks package is soft drinks which is $7 a day. The currency is AUD.

I've stayed in 7174 on Spirit (same layout as Legend I think) which is a quad extended and it was great. Balcony roomier than standard although still quite small and a very quiet area without many people walking past your door. Only comment is that as there is no elevator or stairs really close by you do end up walking a bit - which I guess is good for working off all the food.

No tips on Carnival Cruises sailing from Australia. Not sure about drinks - think they only had soft drink bottomless bubbles when we travelled last year.

We cruised twice last year on Carnival Spirit. After cruising on Celebrity Solstice I was a bit hesitant thinking it would be a massive downgrade but honestly once you get used to the over the top decore on the Carnival ships, you will have a great time. There was plenty of entertainment to chose from, food was good and both times we cruised with an extended group and everyone enjoyed themseles. Pity you won't get to see the band on the Carnival Spirit, Music Manilla, they are most entertaining. Your balcony cabin would be fine, it is midship and I can't see a problem. No gratuities as mentioned above. We found a variety of ages on board, mostly Australian, and both cruises were plenty of fun. Hope this is of assistance to you.

We cruised twice last year on Carnival Spirit. After cruising on Celebrity Solstice I was a bit hesitant thinking it would be a massive downgrade but honestly once you get used to the over the top decore on the Carnival ships, you will have a great time. There was plenty of entertainment to chose from, food was good and both times we cruised with an extended group and everyone enjoyed themseles. Pity you won't get to see the band on the Carnival Spirit, Music Manilla, they are most entertaining. Your balcony cabin would be fine, it is midship and I can't see a problem. No gratuities as mentioned above. We found a variety of ages on board, mostly Australian, and both cruises were plenty of fun. Hope this is of assistance to you.

Thanks for the replies but as you Parko I also sailed on the Solstice we loved it and tend to compare others to it , and recently got of Radiance and that is why we are looking elsewhere and Carnival seem to have good prices for the one we are looking at, our other option is Voyager but haven't heard many positives about it lately so not sure which way to go but Carnival is sounding good thanks again

I sailed on Legend last November and had room 8270 (Aft Extended Balcony). I found the room quite spacious and the Balcony was adequate. 8270 is the same size as the one you're considering.

No gratuities, no alcohol drinks packages, and AUD.

All in all, I loved the Legend. I would not hesitate going on another cruise with Carnival.