Talkeetna Air Taxi

igloo42

Hi - just wanted to share with everyone the wonderful flightseeing tour (around Denali with Glacier landing) that we took (Aug 13th) with Talkeetna Air Taxi - it was suggested by the tour desk at the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge (very nice in the main lodge - we had great views from our room), they picked us up at the Lodge for a quick trip to the airfield, there were 10 of us - so they made sure that the 2 planes we were on (DeHaviland Beavers with "skis") took off together and we flew around the peaks and then landed on the Eldridge Glacier right after one another so that our group was able to get pictures and a few snowballs together. The weather was great and we were in shorts & t-shirts. The pilots were extremely professional and the tour was great. I am sure the other air operations are fine but I would highly reccommend these folks!

2 notes: the local free paper had a coupon for $20 per person (I think each person needs their own coupon) that they honor if you pay them directly at their office. Also, if you really want to do a flight, plan a few or be flexible and take them when you can - the weather the next day was foggy so no flights according to our pilot who we ran into at the Roadhouse (great food/large portions/low price) and our flight scheduled for the next week in Skagway was cancelled due to fog.

Archived