I Have Sunshine Deck 5 Cabin Questions

bajangoddess82

Hello Everyone :)

I have looked at a few sites and other forums on here to try and find out as much as I could before booking one of these cabins but most of what I see is about the Ocean Plaza, RedFrog Pub, Liquid Lounge, etc.

I booked an OV on deck 5 [category 6D] on the Sunshine for their May 9th Western Caribbean cruise a few days ago and I had a few questions...

I normally book OV rooms on deck 2 [mids] so these are pretty unique in location. How are the noise levels??? I have also never stayed in a connecting stateroom or aft and I'm wondering about the sound and movement of the ship... I personally am not worried about the noise levels b/c I wear earplugs on cruises, but I am just trying to make sure it won't be an issue for my cabin mates. Also, how were your room stewards? Just making sure we have nothing to worry about.

Any others that have stayed in these rooms on here??? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help :) Super excited for this cruise!

I didn't stay on deck 5 but deck 6.

Noise from the ship and motion didn't bother us at all.

How far aft are your rooms from the Ocean Plaza area? I think if they are a few cabins or so back from that area noise shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Can't comment on stewards but that's usually luck of the draw anyway.

Hi! We stayed in an Aft Balcony on deck five this past December. We loved the location and it was very quiet.

Our door was visible from the elevator bank, but we heard neither elevator nor Ocean Plaza noise. These cabins were newly added during the conversion and were pristine.

One of the perks of this location is the small breakfast buffet they open in the Taste Bar. Seating is plentiful and far less chaotic than the lido.

Our cabin steward was great. Twice I had to run back to the room to get something and they had already tidied the room.

The deck five cabins seemed to be one of the best experiments on the Sunshine. I imagine the new Havana class on the Vista will have a similar feel.

Hi! We stayed in an Aft Balcony on deck five this past December. We loved the location and it was very quiet.

Our door was visible from the elevator bank, but we heard neither elevator nor Ocean Plaza noise. These cabins were newly added during the conversion and were pristine.

One of the perks of this location is the small breakfast buffet they open in the Taste Bar. Seating is plentiful and far less chaotic than the lido.

Our cabin steward was great. Twice I had to run back to the room to get something and they had already tidied the room.

The deck five cabins seemed to be one of the best experiments on the Sunshine. I imagine the new Havana class on the Vista will have a similar feel.

I am glad to hear this.. we are sailing 2/20 and have an OV deck 5 (5309) and it looks like the perfect location!

Thank you so much for all the great info! :D

Love this! We are staying in our 1st aft bal (5347) on deck 5 this Sunday. I can't wait to check it out. Very excited about the location!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were in 5346, you'll love it!

do you have any pictures of cabin 5346

Here you go, I've been meaning to write a cabin review. Here are the highlights.

[ATTACH]339996[/ATTACH]

From Elevator Lobby

[ATTACH]339997[/ATTACH]

Stateroom decorated for cabin crawl.

[ATTACH]339998[/ATTACH]

Balcony. Included a chair and two loungers.

[ATTACH]339999[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]340000[/ATTACH]

I suspect 5344 and 5345 are accessible cabins. Both had significantly larger balconies. 5344 pictured below had a ramp at the sliding door threshold.

[ATTACH]340001[/ATTACH]

There were a couple minor issues with 5346. The first was the balcony temperature during the day could be very warm. We had a portable weather station with a sensor tied to a balcony chair. The temp was often in high 90s around Aruba and Curaçao. Also, with being on a lower deck, the balcony seemed to have a lot of spray during the night. It could be quite wet in the morning. Overall, the location trumped both these issues.

As for temp, we are from Minnesota and like our Stateroom cold. The AC consistently kept indoor cabin between 68-70 at the low setting. Even with 102° + in the sun, the room stayed cool.

ImageUploadedByForums1423678354.476598.jpg.f88372fb1d429a58aec17321c02d6a80.jpg

Here you go, I've been meaning to write a cabin review. Here are the highlights.

[ATTACH]339996[/ATTACH]

Looks like I can't post multiple pictures via the iOS app. I will write a short Cabin review this evening and add a link to this thread.

Sorry about that!