Best airport shuttle service for Honolulu

CarnivalCreed

Hello all! I will be heading to Hawaii in May to board the Carnival Legend and I am stuck when it comes to transportation. I am considering using Go808Express, Hawaii23, and Johnny Cab. The reviews seem to be good for them but I do see some reviews amongst them of people not showing up, canceling pick ups, and non-private shuttles with a ton of stop points to name a few. It will be my girlfriend's, family's, as well as my first time in Hawaii so I would rather not have it tarnished with poor shuttle service after flying over 4,000 miles in a day. Personal experience using one or all of these vendors would be appreciated. Thanks

We just got back and used Johnnycab from th airport to Waikiki hotel, and from the hotel to the pier for POA cruise. Excellent communication, charge is not per person but for the ride.

Just be sure and notify him 24 hours before you show up at the airport to reconfirm. Young guy (Johnny) running his own business.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Used Johnny Cab once and he was nice but told us to text for ride to ship and he never answered. That was our first POA Cruise.

Have used Kings every time since. Alex is spot on - super polite. Great guy. We used him for about 5 different rides this last POA cruise just last week.

Used Johnny Cab once and he was nice but told us to text for ride to ship and he never answered. That was our first POA Cruise.

Have used Kings every time since. Alex is spot on - super polite. Great guy. We used him for about 5 different rides this last POA cruise just last week.

Yeah they seem to have some pretty great reviews. I'll have to keep them in mind in case something happens.

What is the benefit of using a shuttle instead of just getting a cab? Is one cheaper then the other?

Pretty much what Gorilla Paper said. A lot of research I've done says that a shuttle is way more economical than a taxi. For example, I'm paying 30 bucks to be picked up at the airport with a group of 4 (including myself) and taken to Waikiki. Also, if you really want to, a lot of the local shuttle companies arrange tours for an extra fee (usually a few hundred more) but we aren't doing that.