Room categories

MamaTortuga

Every cabin has the same amenities except for the spa cabins which have upgraded toiletries, robes and slippers.

Basically the 1A cabins are upper/lower berths - but there are a few exceptions.

The 4's are inside with a few special cabins that look onto a walkway.

The 6's are oceanview cabins

7's are balconies - either coves on Dream, Magic and Breeze; or obstructed on Spirit class ships

8's are regular balcony cabins

9's are extended balcony cabins and other special cabins like aft wraps

The letters A, B, etc. refer to the location on the ship. Usually higher letters refer to higher decks and also if the cabins are forward, midship or aft.

As always, there are exceptions by each class of ship but that's a basic breakdown.

Also, some ships have category 4k. We just booked one b/c we're told it's a good deal. Basically an oceanview with french doors that you can open. But no balcony (although they are setup inside like a balcony). The drawback is the view is obstructed b/c it's behind lifeboats. If you grab one early enough, try to pick one between life boats. then you get some view. For us it was only $50 than an interior b/c we booked so far in advance.

Also, some ships have category 4k. We just booked one b/c we're told it's a good deal. Basically an oceanview with french doors that you can open. But no balcony (although they are setup inside like a balcony). The drawback is the view is obstructed b/c it's behind lifeboats. If you grab one early enough, try to pick one between life boats. then you get some view. For us it was only $50 than an interior b/c we booked so far in advance.

Thats awesome! I'll have to look into those, french doors makes it sound so fancy haha.

I've got a 4G on the Breeze. Anyone know what that is??? These room categories are also confusing to me.

I would love if it looked on to a walkway.

Go to Ships | Breeze | Breeze deckplans and find your Cabin number and it will show the color-coded category, location and surrounding cabins, walkways, elevators... ken

I've got a 4G on the Breeze. Anyone know what that is??? These room categories are also confusing to me.

I use http://www.cruisedeckplans.com for the layout of any ship with any cruise line. It says 4J is a interior with an picture window.

Edited by cruising maniac

Sorry. Yours is a basic interior, no window. The 4Gs are interiors in the midship of deck 8 AND the forward/aft of deck 9. The aft of deck 9 has the aft pool above it, which might not be good. Forward of deck 9 or midship of deck 8 are all in good locations.

MamaTortuga, a few of us contributed to this thread, trying to break down categories: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1590170&page=6

Edited by k2excursion