Zip Line Questions for Roatan

Crowsie

Does anyone know anything about the Pirates of the Caribbean zipline in Roatan?

Are they the vendor that Princess uses for their zipline shore excursion?

We're looking to do the longest/most vigorous zipline adventure.

Any insight greatly appreciated!

The Princess Shore Excursion - Express Zip Line for $79 says there are 13 platforms.

The Pirates of the Caribbean Extremely Extreme Zip Line for $65 says there are 9 platforms.

Any chance these are these same tours? It's not a ton of savings to book on your own, and if it's shorter than the Princess excursion then there's really no savings at all..just trying to make sure we get the biggest/longest zip line available.

I did some research on Roatan Zip Lines, and will be going to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Reasons:

1. Although there are some with more zip lines, and PoC has 9 on the extreme/extreme, the length and height of the zip lines seem to be the longest/tallest I could find.

2. PoC is the only place I found that the zip line 'ends' based on gravity, not the user having to wear leather gloves, in order to stop. I am sure the gloves are safe, but it turns me off that it could cause an issue.

I did some research on Roatan Zip Lines, and will be going to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Reasons:

1. Although there are some with more zip lines, and PoC has 9 on the extreme/extreme, the length and height of the zip lines seem to be the longest/tallest I could find.

2. PoC is the only place I found that the zip line 'ends' based on gravity, not the user having to wear leather gloves, in order to stop. I am sure the gloves are safe, but it turns me off that it could cause an issue.

I like your comment on number two. We went zip lining in Costa Rica and the guides actually stopped for us..I couldn't imagine being responsible for stopping on my own or worrying about it. Thanks for the insight. Was Pirates of the Caribbean booked through the ship or outside vendor?