B2B declarations?

JillySue

I tried searching and didn't see this exact question in a recent thread, so...here goes:

On a b2b, if you buy booze on the first leg, do you put it on your customs form then or wait to declare it until the end of the whole thing? Does customs count it as 1 trip even though they make us disembark? Those forms always confuse me, if anyone can make break it down into small pieces, I would greatly appreciate it!

I know on the back to back we did the liquor we bought the first trip was delivered on the last night of the first leg and since we were keeping the same cabin for the next leg we just went down to the main lounge the next morning handed over the customs forms and then one of the girls from guest services handed us our new sail and sign. So we had 3 bottles for the next leg saved a ton :)

Good question.....but I think that if you declare booze on your customs form, you are supposed to be able to produce that booze if need be so.... if you plan on drinking that booze on the 2nd part of your B2B cruise I wouldn't bother declaring it at all. You could always ask the rep when you purchase it onboard.

I had planned to purchase some in Ensenada, and take it home with me. We're getting Cheers both legs (4/3), so not planning to drink it on the cruise.

Was wondering if I could bring back double allotment, since it's technically 2 cruises...? No big deal, worst case scenario I pay a small duty, right? No one is going to tackle and cuff me or anything.....right? :)

I had planned to purchase some in Ensenada, and take it home with me. We're getting Cheers both legs (4/3), so not planning to drink it on the cruise.

Was wondering if I could bring back double allotment, since it's technically 2 cruises...? No big deal, worst case scenario I pay a small duty, right? No one is going to tackle and cuff me or anything.....right? :)

The limit is a cumulative total within a certain period of time (30 days?,6mos?,year?). Read it on the TSA.gov site.

At worst you'll receive a bill in the mail. I got a bill when I shipped stuff home many years ago.

Friends once had to pay duty in Long Beach. Had to pay $12 ($3/bottle) for each bottle of Sheridan's over their limit.

I know on the back to back we did the liquor we bought the first trip was delivered on the last night of the first leg and since we were keeping the same cabin for the next leg we just went down to the main lounge the next morning handed over the customs forms and then one of the girls from guest services handed us our new sail and sign. So we had 3 bottles for the next leg saved a ton :)

How long ago was your back to back? Word on the street is they no longer deliver your alcohol on the last day if you are on a back to back. It is possible to get around this by buying the liquor on the last day, after the time they allow you take it with you.

How long ago was your back to back? Word on the street is they no longer deliver your alcohol on the last day if you are on a back to back. It is possible to get around this by buying the liquor on the last day, after the time they allow you take it with you.

Cartman is correct.