Itin help please!

BeachMartini

Hi All,

Any thoughts on this itinerary?

Arrive Sunday - HSB as soon as we dock, South Shore Swizzle, Gosling's Sunset Cruise

Monday - Explore St. George and beach time at whichever of the 3 is least crowded, lunch at White Horse.

Departure Tuesday - hang at the Dockyards, take an afternoon snorkeling trip before sailing away. I always get paranoid about the ship leaving without me, so we take a ship sponsored excursion.

I would like to get some time in Hamilton but I don't know where to fit it. Most will be closed on Sunday, correct? Was thinking we could do the original Swizzle Monday from St. George and have lunch in Hamilton after HSB Sunday, but if everything is close I don't know if it's worth it.

Which of the first two days will take the most time? Thinking we should do the sunset cruise the shorter day.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edited by BeachMartini
Spelling

Am I correct in assuming you're on the Norwegian Dawn (since you're from Boston and arrive in Bermuda on Sunday)? Just keep in mind that your scheduled arrival in Bermuda is 11 am, so your time available to spend at HSB and have lunch at the Swizzle Inn is limited due to the reduced bus and ferry schedules.The last #7 bus leaves Hamilton for Dockyard at 4:30 pm, so it would be in the Horseshoe Bay or South Shore Swizzle Inn vicinity by about 4:50 pm.

It's probably not worth going to Hamilton on Sunday, although if you just wanted to eat, restaurants are open.

I'm not sure what you mean on your Monday plans when you say "whichever of the 3 is least crowded"? What are the three beaches you're considering?

I'm not sure what you mean on your Monday plans when you say "whichever of the 3 is least crowded"? What are the three beaches you're considering?

Not sure either but since they say, "explore St. George and beach time at whichever of the 3 is least crowded, lunch at White Horse" it seems like they plan on spending the day in or near St. George.

Along with Tobacco Bay, St. Catherine's Beach is an option, although no facilities at all, but I don't know what their third choice would be.

Not sure either but since they say, "explore St. George and beach time at whichever of the 3 is least crowded, lunch at White Horse" it seems like they plan on spending the day in or near St. George.

Along with Tobacco Bay, St. Catherine's Beach is an option, although no facilities at all, but I don't know what their third choice would be.

I understand the St. George's part...I was trying to figure out the three beaches. Maybe Clearwater is one in addition to Tobacco Bay and St. Catherine's...but it's not near the other two, as you know.

Sorry, to clarify - I mean the beaches near the St. George ferry (a short shuttle or taxi away)- Tobacco, Achilles and St. Catherine. I have read a few reviews that said that when Tobacco is very busy to walk further on to one of the other two beaches which are just as beautiful.

Yes we will be on the Dawn. Thank you for pointing out the shortened bus schedule on Sunday. Any idea how much a taxi from the South Shore Swizzle to the Dockyards would be? There will be four of us to share the costs. Are taxis readily available at the restaurant? Or will the restaurant call for one?

Edited by BeachMartini

Sorry, to clarify - I mean the beaches near the St. George ferry (a short shuttle or taxi away)- Tobacco, Achilles and St. Catherine. I have read a few reviews that said that when Tobacco is very busy to walk further on to one of the other two beaches which are just as beautiful.

Yes we will be on the Dawn. Thank you for pointing out the shortened bus schedule on Sunday. Any idea how much a taxi from the South Shore Swizzle to the Dockyards would be? There will be four of us to share the costs. Are taxis readily available at the restaurant? Or will the restaurant call for one?

OK...IMO Achilles Bay isn't very nice...tiny and no facilities. St. Catherine's used to be my wife's favorite beach in the St. George's area, but there are no longer any facilities there either, and last she was there she felt a bit uncomfortable because it was so deserted...but she had gone alone, so if you have a group you probably won't feel that way.

On Sunday, because of the Sunday fare surcharge, a taxi for up to 4 passengers from the South Shore Swizzle Inn to Dockyard will probably cost about $45 to $50. I'm sure the restaurant will call one for you.

What would you guys do on Sunday?

Going to Horseshoe Bay is fine. You just have to be aware of the Sunday transportation limitations. Last season they ran shuttles to Horseshoe Bay for (I think) $16 per person round trip. I believe it ran later than the bus did...perhaps the last one back to Dockyard was at about 6 pm.

On Sunday I plan for us to visit the Royal Naval and Convict cemeteries, Seaglass beach, Frog and Onion then a Sunset Swizzle cruise. Monday 9am ferry to St George for Tobacco Bay. Tom Moores Jungle/Blue Hole. Check the tide charts for Bermuda before you go. The tide for my vaca is ideal on Tuesday to visit Hog Bay. Then Fort Scaur. These are all subject to change...but for TODAY its what I want to do! Tobacco Bay has facilities. And if you go to the pharmacy in the Dockyard than you can get picnic foods and sandwiches since you cant bring anything but prepackaged food into Bermuda. The good thing about the Dawn is that it docks before the other ship so the tourist info places will be less crowded. Did you check the NCL website for transfers to certain beaches? If you dont want to risk missing the ship check into it. They run a tight schedule on getting you back on time! Have a great time! Dont forget Calico Jacks floating bar! Even if you dont drink at least walk the plank for bragging rights and photos!:D:D:D