KSC - how long on bus?

gobo

Hello,

For any of you who have taken the NCL KSC tour - how long were you actually on the "bus part" of the tour while at the center? How much time did you have to look around the rest of the center before the tour was over? Finally, what time did the tour bus actually start to leave to go back to the ship?

Hello,

For any of you who have taken the NCL KSC tour - how long were you actually on the "bus part" of the tour while at the center? How much time did you have to look around the rest of the center before the tour was over? Finally, what time did the tour bus actually start to leave to go back to the ship?

I've taken the NCL KSC tour back in 2007 but not sure if things have changed other than most of the NCL ships get into PC around noon vs. early morning like we did. We've also been several times since just driving ourselves.

The ride to KSC is only about 15-20 minutes. There you got off the bus and went through security (like at an airport) and enter the main area. They then have coach type buses that go out the the various areas around the center. You can opt to do any combination of those sites or skip them as they have buses running regular routes. I believe this is the part you are asking about. Whether they have something just for NCL guests, I hadn't seen any info indicating that. The one thing I have seen is that they let the NCL guests stay after closing so to say to see an Imax movie.

KSC is a cool place and there is lots to see. The new (well a couple years now) shuttle experience was great.

On the way back, they had buses lined up and you would leave as one got filled.

We just went at Christmas time. Off the Breakaway. It was great. The bus went straight to the Saturn Rocket / Apollo area and dropped us off - which was our favourite. Any time you were done there, you could hop on the bus and go to the main area where most of the buildings are, and then walk around at will. They had a last special IMAX showing just for cruise ship customers. After IMAX, we caught the special last bus around 7 pm and then back to the ship. Because it was through NCL, no worries about not getting back on time and we maximized our day. We saw most of what we wanted to . ... didn't get to see the Astronaut centre or meet an astronaut, there isn't time for everything - but we had time to see a lot. Was well worth it through NCL, sorry, I have no experience with a private tour.