Carnival Shuttle from HOU to Galveston

cruisexlife

Hello,

I just found a not-so-bad rate from Galveston on the Carnival Freedom, visiting Roatan, Belize and Cozumel, and I'd love to book it. But there's one small issue...

Unlike many who cruise from Galveston, I will be flying to Texas in order to get on the ship. Living in Baltimore, I can get a direct flight in Hobby. They depart direct all day about 70 minutes apart, and a bunch with connecting service or one plane change. Getting to Hobby won't be the issue. It's getting from Hobby to the ship that will cause an issue...

Even if we fly out the night before, we would get a cab/hotel van to the hotel, stay the night, and then have to take a cab to Hobby, and find the Carnival shuttle. Or just get off the plane, and pick it up. But if the flight is delayed, I'm screwed...

I know they have them at FLL and MCO, how about HOU? How much are they and how often do they run? If I buy a transfer from them before the cruise, will they hold the ship if something happens? Are there alternatives?

Thank you to anyone who can answer my questions, I'm very grateful.

Happy Cruising! :D

We just purchased the transfers from Carnival, Hobby to Galveston, they cost us $70 per person, round trip.

Because we had read that SuperShuttle was more expensive, and a cab even MORE expensive, and for the reasons you state (IE: if there's a delay in flights) we opted for booking airfare AND transfers through Carnival. But the price I noted is JUST for the transfers.

We flew into Houston last year around spring break the night before our cruise. We found a hotel that had a shuttle that operated 24/7 that picked us up at no cost. The next morning we had a private shuttle that was pretty inexpensive through lady bird limo. She was great and even gave us a little history on the 45 minute drive. We booked a carnival shuttle on the way back, but would have used her again if we knew we could have.

We love cruising from Texas as we are from MO and flights are cheaper. We fly in the day/night before and stay at Houston airport LaQuinta. They have a stay/port package. Transfer to hotel, hotel night which also offers transportation to a nearby mall or restaurants, breakfast, transfer to ship then back to airport after cruise.

Hello,

I just found a not-so-bad rate from Galveston on the Carnival Freedom, visiting Roatan, Belize and Cozumel, and I'd love to book it. But there's one small issue...

Unlike many who cruise from Galveston, I will be flying to Texas in order to get on the ship. Living in Baltimore, I can get a direct flight in Hobby. They depart direct all day about 70 minutes apart, and a bunch with connecting service or one plane change. Getting to Hobby won't be the issue. It's getting from Hobby to the ship that will cause an issue...

Even if we fly out the night before, we would get a cab/hotel van to the hotel, stay the night, and then have to take a cab to Hobby, and find the Carnival shuttle. Or just get off the plane, and pick it up. But if the flight is delayed, I'm screwed...

I know they have them at FLL and MCO, how about HOU? How much are they and how often do they run? If I buy a transfer from them before the cruise, will they hold the ship if something happens? Are there alternatives?

Thank you to anyone who can answer my questions, I'm very grateful.

Happy Cruising! :D

We are flying into Houston the day before and staying at the Hampton at the airport. They have a shuttle. Next day we are taking the shuttle back to the airport, and getting the carnival Transfers to the ship. Transfers from Houston are $90 pp.