Excursion in Glaciers

lifetime_learner

A couple of years ago my husband and children cruised Carnival and we were able to book an excursion that let you get off the ship onto a smaller boat and get closer to the glaciers. It was one of the BEST parts of our trip. We are going back on Princess this summer, but i can't find that option as an excursion. Am I over looking something or do you have any suggestions?

A couple of years ago my husband and children cruised Carnival and we were able to book an excursion that let you get off the ship onto a smaller boat and get closer to the glaciers. It was one of the BEST parts of our trip. We are going back on Princess this summer, but i can't find that option as an excursion. Am I over looking something or do you have any suggestions?

That would be on your Juneau day and only if you go to Tracey Arm where you see Sawyer Glacier.

We are going back on Princess this summer, but i can't find that option as an excursion. Am I over looking something or do you have any suggestions?
To clarify... which Princess ship and departure date are you on?

I see Princess offers a mid-ocean transfer on some itineries to Tracy to hopefully to meet Sawyer. A mid-ocean transfer saves you 50 miles of travel and time to maximize your time in Juneau for other experiences. Mid-ocean transfers are very popular and are the first excursions to sell out.

Edited by xlxo

If your ship has Tracy Arm fjords on it's itinerary, there should be a ship shore excursion available. IF you have all day in Juneau, some times, you can book independent for a round trip Tracy Arm tour out of Juneau, by Adventure Bound, which is the longest. Allen Marine may also offer one, which is shorter, but with shorter, it does cut into sightseeing with time and wildlife potential.