VIP Points

gr1634

Was on Magic this past week and heard two times (from passengers) Carnival is now allowing you to use your cruise days on Carnival for any cruise line they own. So if I have 135 days on Carnival cruises they count toward VIP status say on Princess. Has anyone seen or gotten confirmation of that?

Was on Magic this past week and heard two times (from passengers) Carnival is now allowing you to use your cruise days on Carnival for any cruise line they own. So if I have 135 days on Carnival cruises they count toward VIP status say on Princess. Has anyone seen or gotten confirmation of that?

that would be nice and hope it happens. I know that RCCL does that for their entire line.

It's been talked about but I don't think it will ever happen because the loyalty programs for each brand are so different. I don't think most Carnival passengers would like that because people on the other brands have many more days because they have a lot of longer cruises and that would put them at the bottom of the heap.

Holland America is the only one I know of that counts you as a past passenger if you have sailed on any Carnival owned brand so you can go to the past guest party, have the embarkation lunch, etc. I'll check this one out in July on our Alaska cruise.

It would be nice even if you didn't get the exact same perks but got something for being Platinum or Diamond on Carnival. The loyalty program is always in a state of flux so we'll see what happens in the future.

If I remember correctly, something was mentioned on John Heald's site that the "beards" were discussing some changes similar. It would be nice if there was a way to carry some of the benefits from one Carnival line to another!

Have not received any information that is true. I'm platinum on Carnival.