Costa Maya ???

GranysT

slickrick64: dID YOU take the tram to the end of the pier and then a taxi? Did you do Native Choice. do you know the cost of the taxi and did they take US money? Did you bring insect spray? ANy info would be greatly appreciated. THANKS. IRIS

Well we're back. The cruise was great, and the seas were smooth the entire trip.

Thank God for the tram in Costa. That is one LOOONGG pier. We didn't do any tour in Costa, as most of them were water intensive, and hubby can't even swim. My sister doesn't do lying on a beach either. So, we walked around the shopping area awhile, and went back to ship. Didn't need any bug spray in the shopping.

In Belize, we took the Airboat ride, and tour. We rode in a nice AC bus, and had a great female tour guide. She was so knowlegeble about her home. We learned a lot. I had never done an airboat ride, always wanted too, and it was really kool. The only downside, we only got to see some birds. The guide said there were crocks, and manatee's, and he searched for some, but no dice. I think the boat makes too much noise. There's no sneaking up on them. lol

In Roatan we did the See & Sea tour. Again a nice AC bus, and another female guide, who was proud of her home, and again lots of knowledge. We toured a small place where they handmade cameo's. They also did carvings on conch shells. Everything was gorgeous. I bought a cameo pendant, carved on an abalone shell. Love It. The Sea part, was in a glass bottom boat, and was very kool. We saw all sort of fish, and 1 turtle, and a sting ray. We sailed over a lovely coral reef, which they said is 2nd in size to the Great Barrier Reef, in Australia. It did seem to go on forever.

Both Costa and Belize was warm, but not excessive. Roatan was really really HOT.

We didn't get off the ship in Cayman, as we had been there a few times. All in all, a great cruise.

Yes we did Native Choice. We took repellent but didn't use it. It is short walk from terminal to Native Choice, it is a short easy walk. They greet you along the way guiding you. We went Chachoben ruins. You pay In dollars. Warning in Roatan I paid with an old 100 a dollar bill with slightest tear and they asked if I had another. Apparently they prefer new bills!

The tour you took in belize was it private or through a ship. In the cameo factory how are their prices and can you use us money. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

The Belize Airboat tour was thru the ship. The cameo factory prices started at $20 for a small item, and went up in size and price. Yes, they took U S money.