Using beach in front of Sonesta

dom89

I have an interest in going to Maho beach to see the planes just like most everyone else. I would like to possibly spend the whole day there instead of travelling to a different beach. I noticed in pictures that there is a beach in front of the Sonesta resort. Would it be possible for me to set my towel down in that area? I figure chairs would not be for rent there since its close to the resort so I am fine using my towel if needed. The main reason would be to have somewhere to avoid the crowds if there is to be one. If we wanted to be right under, we could temporarily just stand by the runway and then go back to by the Sonesta once we've had enough.

• 2 weeks later...
I have an interest in going to Maho beach to see the planes just like most everyone else. I would like to possibly spend the whole day there instead of travelling to a different beach. I noticed in pictures that there is a beach in front of the Sonesta resort. Would it be possible for me to set my towel down in that area? I figure chairs would not be for rent there since its close to the resort so I am fine using my towel if needed. The main reason would be to have somewhere to avoid the crowds if there is to be one. If we wanted to be right under, we could temporarily just stand by the runway and then go back to by the Sonesta once we've had enough.

All beaches are free on the island so if you can get on to the beach without trespassing on the resort then you are welcome to use that beach.