Epic - Upgrades and UBP

baxter44

Hi all - Looking forward to my FIRST Epic cruise coming up in 27 days and I've been poring over the boards in search of wisdom and tips and reviews and I've gotten a LOT of information - so thanks for that :)

My first question is - could someone explain how the upgrade process works - our cruise is paid in full but I'd like to possibly upgrade to a different class of cabin. Do I call NCL and just ask? Is it something you do over and over to see if anything opens up?

Second question - my boyfriend and I are not necessarily going to both get the UBP - can that be split up between people in cabins or does it require all parties in the cabin to have the ultimate bev package?

Thanks in advance for your responses!!

We are on the same cruise! I just upgraded from BF to B1. I just called and asked how much it would be and it was only $35 more! It's worth a try! Not sure about your second question but I THINK if one person has beverage plan all in the cabin have to have it. But not positive! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Second question - my boyfriend and I are not necessarily going to both get the UBP - can that be split up between people in cabins or does it require all parties in the cabin to have the ultimate bev package?

Everybody in the cabin needs to buy UBP (or soda package for minors). Since your cruise is during the spring break blackout period, minimum age for UBP is 25 years.

More info here: http://www.ncl.com/promo/ultimate-beverage-package/terms

I did the cancel guests 3 and 4 and got them their own room. They went from 3/4 inside to balcony for 2 for about $800 and got the UBP as a byproduct of the current promotion. Took my other room of two inside and upgraded to a balcony guarantee for $0. No UBP since it was not a "new" booking. I do believe everyone in the room has to have UBP/soda for kids. We are on the same sailing! Have fun!

Edited by clcjdn

BF was a regular balcony on deck 8 B1 is an aft facing balcony. (Also deck 8) I just couldn't resist trying it for the views that I have heard are amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

2015 Epic

2014 Breakaway

2013 Epic

2012 Gem

2011 Gem

2008 Explorer of the Seas

You should check the rates theyve dropped so you might get a free upgrade depending on when you booked. And the blackout for spring break only applies to I think like two other ships, not the epic.

Edited by Randy000

BF was a regular balcony on deck 8 B1 is an aft facing balcony. (Also deck 8) I just couldn't resist trying it for the views that I have heard are amazing.

I just upgraded to an aft balcony 8216! So excited....and for anyone interested, they have ONE AFT BALCONY LEFT!!