Totally overwhelmed

Martini Mom

Our family of four is going for the first time in a few weeks and we're having trouble deciding the same thing! We originally planned to stay at Mahogany Beach, but now I'm starting to wonder if we should wander over to one of the other beaches. My daughter and I will be first-time snorkelers, while my husband and 7 yo son are a bit more nervous about the water. I expect they'll be happy to build sand castles and stay in shallow water. Though that was one reason West Bay appealed to me- I'd read that you can snorkel in pretty shallow water there. I thought that might excite them. I was also hoping to find a place to get lunch and walk around when we've had enough of the water. Is there plenty to do/see in both areas?

My suggestion is to head over to West Bay. Great snorkeling for beginners. There is a great spot in front of Infinity Bay resort -- near the point -- that is great. You can get some good snorkeling in around the shallow parts. Roatan is a very RUSTIC island. Not commercial at all so there will not be really anything to do other than the beach. There are places to eat and drink at the beach there. You can also rent snorkeling equipment from some folks on the beach. Very good people. You can always just hang out there for a few hours since it is very cheap and head back to Mahogany Bay for all of the shopping at the BEAUTIFUL port there. Roatan is my favorite place to go on a cruise and I hope you love it as well.

964233_10151812581285312_968155721_o.jpg

964488_10151812578590312_815670763_o.jpg

Edited by BrotherCraig
add pic

• 3 months later...
My suggestion is to head over to West Bay. Great snorkeling for beginners. There is a great spot in front of Infinity Bay resort -- near the point -- that is great. You can get some good snorkeling in around the shallow parts. Roatan is a very RUSTIC island. Not commercial at all so there will not be really anything to do other than the beach. There are places to eat and drink at the beach there. You can also rent snorkeling equipment from some folks on the beach. Very good people. You can always just hang out there for a few hours since it is very cheap and head back to Mahogany Bay for all of the shopping at the BEAUTIFUL port there. Roatan is my favorite place to go on a cruise and I hope you love it as well.

964233_10151812581285312_968155721_o.jpg

964488_10151812578590312_815670763_o.jpg

In the picture of the beach with palapas, which resort is that? We are looking for a place that has shade. We may go to LFK, thanks to Mitsugirly, but would love to save some money. Some of the places I've looked at online don't seem to have any umbrellas or palapas, and very little shade available. Also, are vendors a problem all along West Bay Beach?