Infinity vs. Millennium -- What are the differences?

CrazyCruisingFamily

Now that the switch is official, I would be interested in thoughts on the differences between the ships. While theoretically "identical" M-class ships, I am sure there are still many differences in style, personality, etc.

We are booked on the 1/2/06 sailing and don't plan to cancel, just curious....

Aside from the differences in furnishings, colors and artwork the main difference is that the sports bar (Millie) is replaced by the Conservatory and the Conservatory space (infinity) is replaced by... well, I don't remember so that shows the impact that it had. And of course Infinity is newer and they tweaked some things that you don't even see as they learned from Millenium.

We actually choose to sail Millenium because of the sports bar.

Are the specialty restaurants similar. We love the Millennium's but guess we will be sailing on the Infinity.

The USS United States on the Infinity is great as is the specialty restaurant on the Constellation. We are looking forward to trying the one on the Millie in South America!

The Millenium is the oldest of the 4 M-Class ships.

Are the specialty restaurants similar. We love the Millennium's but guess we will be sailing on the Infinity.
Not in decor. SS United States is styled after the famous US Lines speedster of the 1950's. Very sleek, not like the elaborate ca. 1910 wood paneling of the Olympic.

A conservatory instead of a sports bar? I don't mind the switch so much now. :)

Seriously, what is in the conservatory and what is its use? My mind conjures up a quiet room with lots of plants and places to sit. Is it then part of the spa, and is there a fee to use it?

There is too a sports bar on the Millenium and a Conservatory. The sports bar is on the aft of the ship, deck 11, one deck above the pool deck (10). And there is a cConservatory too, which is just an overpriced flower shop with two chairs in it.

There is too a sports bar on the Millenium and a Conservatory. The sports bar is on the aft of the ship, deck 11, one deck above the pool deck (10). And there is a cConservatory too, which is just an overpriced flower shop with two chairs in it.

Have they changed the aft area that is mentioned above on the Millennium? 2 years ago it was the same as Infinity with the Ship Mates Fun Factory--the whole aft section above the pool deck is for the kids with the video arcade included....deck 11 is the Sunrise Deck. The Sports Deck (deck 12) aft has the basketball courts. Where did they put a Conservatory on Millie?

On Infinity there are large TVs in the forward Constellation Lounge area on deck 11 that sometimes show sporting events during the day.

MACOP, as of 2 months ago the Conservatory on the Infinity was still the flower shop. The acupuncture is located on deck 3 close to the Cinema.

A conservatory instead of a sports bar? I don't mind the switch so much now. :)

Seriously, what is in the conservatory and what is its use? My mind conjures up a quiet room with lots of plants and places to sit. Is it then part of the spa, and is there a fee to use it?

Lisa, the Conservatory is not part of the Spa and is open to all. It is a flower shop and an area that has lots of plants and a few chairs. It has windows all around for lovely views. They sometimes have demonstrations in flower arranging there. Watch the Daily for times.

In areas of the ships, the Millennium is most elegant. The Martini/Champagne Bar, for instance, has more elegant lighting, and there are lamps between the banquet type of seats that are not in any of the Millennium's sisters. There's also more elegant lighting in the main dining room. I think the Millennium has the most elegant specialty dining room and the Infinity the least.

Don't be fooled by the Millennium being the oldest of the four. She is arguably the most elegant of the four. Unfortunately, only the latest one, the Constellation, is reasonably reliable.

The sports bar (Extreme) on the Millie is on the starboard side just aft of the pool area at the very top - Sunrise deck. The conservatory is forward on the port side just aft of Cosmos. Or at least it was last time I looked.

Our Millennium pics (link below) show the conservatory. Did not get a photo of the sports bar, but I remember there was never anyone in it. We couldn't even find a staff member to put a game on for my husband. Am still deciding if that was a "problem" or not... :rolleyes:

http://community.webshots.com/user/Ladyputt

Archived