Early Saver Price Protection Question

Surfdiva83

We are booked early saver and I've run into a situation that is a first for us. Typically when the rate drops it's a cut and dry price drop, so I submit the form and it's approved no problem. But now a past guest rate has a price that is $20 more than our current rate, but has $50 OBC resulting in a fare of $30 cheaper when all is said and done. Has anyone ever run into this and submitted to Carnival?

I'm not sure if it's worth submitting just for the small amount of OBC since I think the rate may drop again as we've had 3 or 4 other price drops over the past month or so. But on the other hand I have no problem paying the $20 more to get $30 free OBC either if that's an option.

We are booked early saver and I've run into a situation that is a first for us. Typically when the rate drops it's a cut and dry price drop, so I submit the form and it's approved no problem. But now a past guest rate has a price that is $20 more than our current rate, but has $50 OBC resulting in a fare of $30 cheaper when all is said and done. Has anyone ever run into this and submitted to Carnival?

I'm not sure if it's worth submitting just for the small amount of OBC since I think the rate may drop again as we've had 3 or 4 other price drops over the past month or so. But on the other hand I have no problem paying the $20 more to get $30 free OBC either if that's an option.

Yes, you can price match to this - state in comments you know price higher but want the $50 OBC. However, with a future price drop you will lose that promo OBC.

Yes, you can price match to this - state in comments you know price higher but want the $50 OBC. However, with a future price drop you will lose that promo OBC.

For what it's worth -

We haven't lost our prior OBC. But perhaps that's because we're already paid in full. So the new credits become additional OBC.

I've done this twice on my upcoming cruise. I find it a little confusing. They denied me a price drop once when the rate was lower, but with OBC I was netting more money. It only annoyed me because that time we were before final payment, so I'd have rather paid less, and not had the OBC, but in the end, it doesn't really matter. Recently, after final payment, my fare was $758 + $30 OBC from a sale, and there was an "Exclusive Past Guest Rate" of $738 + $50 OBC. They approved that request, and I ended up with a weird amount of credit, though. Something like $62.96. I didn't try to figure out how they came to that, though. It is a little less than I was expecting (I thought $50 OBC from the sale, + $20 in fare difference), but I assume it has to do with taxes and fees. We're still 44 days out, and my past experience says there's a good chance for my price drops.