Putting a cabin on hold

Natitude61

I'm waiting to see if one of a few particular cabins happens to become available for a cruise I already have booked. If one of these cabins does open up, can I then put a 24-hour hold on it using a mock booking...and would my TA be able to access it? I seem to remember having tried this before, but I also can't remember if the attempt was successful or if we had to wait until the hold expired to access the cabin!!

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my feeble memory :)

You can also book the room directly with Royal and then transfer the booking to your TA.

They already have a cruise booked & just wanting to change cabins...chances are the current price of the cruise is more than when they booked...or so seems the case lately with Royal's pricing games...:(

Thanks all -- I seemed to remember doing the conference call before when I had a cabin on hold, but couldn't remember for sure. And yes, I booked when the BOGOHO first came out last May -- don't see the prices even getting close to what I paid, so no way am I rebooking :)

They already have a cruise booked & just wanting to change cabins...chances are the current price of the cruise is more than when they booked...or so seems the case lately with Royal's pricing games...:(

Whoops....I missed that detail somehow! :o I had just finished clearing away snow....AGAIN...so I'll blame my mistake on brain freeze! :D;)

I just did this. After you place the hold, you will receive a confirmation number. Once you call the travel agent, they will ask for this number. They will contact Royal and give them the number. Royal will be able to put a stop to your hold so you can receive the lower amount if it was lower than when you placed the hold. If it is higher, you will receive the price of when you placed the hold. Either way, you will be able to get the room you want.

Whoops....I missed that detail somehow! :o I had just finished clearing away snow....AGAIN...so I'll blame my mistake on brain freeze! :D;)

You really have my sympathy on that...you all are getting hammered BIG Time on the Snow Dept. this year....