Miami airport hotel

jjmsbu09

Has anyone stayed at Spring Hill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center? We were originally going to drive down but with parking and gas we found some reasonable flights so we will be arriving the night before at 10pm. I booked this room with points because it offers a shuttle from the airport free and to the port for $8. Any experience with the shuttles? Anywhere nearby to grab food late or should we just grab something during our layover? How about to pick up wine/soda for the cruise (we may or may not do this). Thank everyone in advance for any help :)

Have you directly confirmed that the hotel shuttle will pick you up from MIA that late, especially on a Friday night? There have been other reports on here that their shuttle runs on a limited fixed schedule.

That hotel is fine for a night's sleep, breakfast and then head straight to the port. There will be nothing open in that neighborhood at 10PM; there is a Winn-Dixie about a mile away but I would not be making that walk after dark, especially on the weekend. Were it not for creatively marketing itself as "airport/cruiseport" that hotel would only attract out-of-towners visiting family in one of the many nearby hospitals--or on trial at the Metro Justice Center.

Edited by fishywood

I did confirm the shuttles before I booked hopefully they don't give me a problem...

Thank you for the response we'll get dinner in Atlanta during our layover and just go right to the hotel and then right to port in the morning. With the limited time I didn't need anything fancy just safe and I found the advertised shuttles convenient (I really hope they are dependable otherwise I'll be paying for cabs) .

Thank you again!

The hotel is close to downtown and the port. Maybe 3 1/2 miles or so. Easy cab ride. If they are charging $7 a person to get to the port, for two or more, I'd cab it.

From the airport, I'd guess around $25. So if hotel shuttles are slow in coming, I'd hop a cab.