Haven 2 Brd Suite On Gem - Help Me Decide

jkety19473

I am new to Norwegian. Have sailed Disney and RCL lots, but wanted to try something new. For wife's 50th birthday I booked 2 bedroom suite on GEM out of NYC last Friday. The same room on the Haven level is about $1400 more. I'm trying to decide if that is worth it. I did a fair amount of research over the weekend on Suite vs. Haven benefits, and I'm not sure it's worth it. The big Haven benefit seems to be to have the Haven only area, but I doubt my 10 yr old daughter will want to hang out in this area during the day anyway. I'll probably be down at the public pool which is fine by me anyway.

So with that I'm asking the Norwegian experts for thoughts. Is there an angle I'm not seeing to make the additional money worth it.

Thanks in advance,

Last time on the jewel we opted to not stay in the Haven and save that money cause it was about the same difference on our cruise as well. We still got all the suite benefits like priority embarkation and butler service was fantastic. There were a few instances where the haven would have been nice but not for $2000 more. But this time we upgraded for our cruise in May because the difference was only $300. I really can't wait to be able to compare both experiences especially since we're doing the exact same ship and itinerary.

You could really take that 1400 dollars and put it towards tours or other services on the ship that you are interested in.

Edited by amarvel